Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Yummy Pecan Sticky Buns

Wow these were absolutely wonderful! I have never made something so time consuming or with SO much butter(5 sticks)! But every stick of butter and hours waiting to do the next step was worth it! This yummy buttery pastry is so good!

I was a little bit disappointed when my 14 year old son said he liked my Cinnamon Roll recipe better. Well...happy because he likes it but bummed I went to ALL the work for the S.B:)

Thank you to Lynn of Eat Drink Man Woman Dogs Cat and Nicole of Cookies on Fridays for hosting this weeks BWJ!

22 comments:

Sara said...

I agree that they were delicious!

baker in disguise said...

I agree the butter was all worth it.. loved these buns.. added orange zest to my filling!!

Sweet and That's it said...

With this recipe we surely gained experience (and probably weight as well)
I've cheated on the butter and the brioche was still yummy (it needs more salt and sugar, though). Unfortunately I did not like the topping: too sticky.
I'll remake the "modified brioche" for sure.

Unknown said...

These were delicious, weren't they? Its sweet your 4 year old likes your cinnamon rolls more than your sticky buns:)

Kathy said...

The butter was worth it…I kept telling myself that as I ate one right out of the oven. Yours look lovely!

Cristine said...

LOVED these!!!! Great job!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful job!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

I'm sure it was delish!

~Carmen
TWDBWJ member
http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

I'm sure it was delish!

~Carmen
TWDBWJ member
http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

Katrina said...

They look great! I didn't get them made yet, but I might just have to skip the heart attack and put them off for a while. ;) I wonder how easy the recipe could be quartered.

Kate said...

They look great.
Annoying comments from your son! Typical boys, they know nothing!!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I figure If I worked that hard on it, everyone better love it. Your's looks great.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Weren't these incredible??? I need to hide my leftovers :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job!

Anonymous said...

It felt like quite an accomplishment when these finally came out of the oven, didn't it? Yours look great.

Jodie said...

They look great!

Amanda said...

They look wonderful and I am sure they were!

loavesandstitches said...

I thought they were great, but it is hard to please everyone. I would have been happy if someone in my family didn't like these--more for me:)

oven chaos said...

I have been trying to count all the reasoning behind using so much butter and I finally gave up :) The buns look great!

Cher Rockwell said...

These were a treat - definitely a lot of work, but worth it.

Michele said...

Your sticky buns look perfect! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Kayte said...

I didn't make these...fear of putting dough in my KA after it was dough that broke it and wasn't sure if I wanted to mess with that much butter and beating by hand and fear of swimsuit season screaming "You SHOULDN'T be eating those!" Like I wouldn't eat those if they were sitting around to be eaten...lol, so I restrained and am drooling at yours instead...nice job.