Chosen by the author herself… Dorie Greenspan has chosen the French Pear Tart on pages 368 and 369. Thank you Dorie for being so awesome and sharing your gift of baking with us.
I didn't quite understand the pear placement of this recipe so I just did it my way. After seeing the link to the picture on line I know how to do it now..maybe next time. I don't think my tart looks pretty but it sure tasted great!
I used to have a nice tart pan but I could not find it anywhere. I am a organized person and my kitchen is in order so I was bummed this pan disappeared. I have no idea where it is. I had to improvise and use a pie plate instead.
I thought this recipe was fairly easy to follow. I did skip the refrigerate the tart crust part and cooling time before placing the almond paste on. I only had to cook my tart for 40 min. It turned out fine.
Having no picture ( I have to see pictures)to look at I hope my pears look all right. I let the tart cool and served it up for dessert. My family really enjoyed it and said it's a keeper. I thought the crust was like a short bread cookie and the filling was divine. I'm so glad I was able to participate in this weeks TWD. I look fwd to checking every ones tarts!
This is a picture of me in Philadelphia on Dec. 28, 2008!
Kryshawna(on the right) and her best friend Makenzie visiting from China! Kryshawna is celebrating her 15 birthday here!
24 comments:
Your tart looks just fine! I had a hard time understanding the fanning at first but did an internet search to figure it out. It was so delicious!
Yum -- glad your family thought it was a keeper, too! I think this is a great one to have in the repertoire! And sending happy birthday wishes to the birthday girl!
I think your tart looks great! I didnt know how to fan it out either, so I just did it my own way.
Fanning the pears was the trickiest part! I'm glad you loved the tart; it was good, wasn't it? Your daughter is beautiful. They certainly grow up fast...
Nancy
I think your tart looks great. And you fanned yours the same way I did. I think I would fan mine that way again. I'm going to make it again and make the crust next time. YUM.
I think your tart is very pretty! You are too hard on yourself!! Looks delish!
I didn't understand the 'fanning' of the pears either.
sigh...
I needed a picture!
Yours looks just great.
Your tart looks great! I agree that this recipe sure is a keeper! I was so surprised that I like it so much!
I think your tart looks delicious anyways! This was a fabulous tart so I don't really think it mattered how it looked. One bite made a fan of everyone!
I think that this shows that beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I think your tart/pie looks beautiful. That almond cream browned and puffed up so nicely that it makes the tart pretty no matter what!
That crust sounds divine...I bet it was tasty and that's really what counts! :)
Taste is what counts, and yours looks rustic and home-made! Just lovely!
Your tart looks great! Don't be so hard on yourself.
I will most likely "fan" my pears the same way you did!! I don't think mine will come out the same as Dorie's, even if I try. I hope to make it tonight or tomorrow!!
Oh - and the wedding will be May 2nd....so much to do....
The tart is just beautiful...really, it looks just lovely. And the girls look lovely, too!
I think your tart look nice. You are being too hard on your tart. It is nice to have pics to see what it was supposed to look like. I just surfed the web and saw what most kinda looked like. I am just happy mine was edible. Great post!
Don't you hate recipes without photos? I needed a chart for this one. ;)
The pie plate was brilliant. Pass the whipped cream!
Your tart is beautiful!
That is one of the things I like about TWD... we provide pics for the recipes that don't have any! :) glad you enjoyed the tart, it looks yummy!
Looks great! I would've placed the pears in the same manner that you did. I didn't make it this week, but everyone's been raving about it. Gotta try it soon.
i love your tart!! i think making it in a pie dish was clever--it actually made the tart that much prettier. didn't it taste fantastic? it was my favorite dorie recipe so far...although next week's savory corn and pepper muffins are also phenomenal :) i made them earlier this week and loved them too!!
This a definitely a recipe to make again. Your tart looks delicious :-)
Your tart looks great!!!
We thought this one was yummy, too!
Post a Comment