Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rugelach

I thought they turned out so pretty! Check out my last picture!!
My disks ready to roll out. Not a perfect circle, but it worked!
Oh man I loved this part! I could have licked the topping off! They rolled up so easily!
Ready to bake!
Thank you Piggy of Piggy's Cooking Journal for choosing this TWD selection. I REALLY love this recipe!
Cooling off. (sorry the picture is so dark)
I have never made Rugelach before or heard of it. I have ate something similar in looks, but not taste.
I thought the prep. work for this recipe was easier then it looked on paper.
I made the dough the night before and finished making these the next day. The dough rolled out perfectly. I used raspberry jam, chocolate chunks and pecans in mine. I really love chocolate and raspberry together.
The first bite I took of these cookies/pastries reminded me of Christmas. I think these would make a great addition to my Christmas cookie list!
Can you guess which rugelach is mine?

39 comments:

Cristine said...

Looks beautiful!!! These will be on my Christmas cookie tray, too!

Shelby said...

These were yummy! I had a hard time keeping them away from my mouth! Great job! Oh, and I didn't have a perfect circle either! :)

Engineer Baker said...

Definitely Christmas-worthy. They look wonderful.

Cathy said...

These are on my Christmas cookie list, too! Yours do look beautiful -- I love them on that pretty plate! I was also pleasantly surprised on how relatively easy these were to make. Definitely a keeper! Yours look perfect!

Audrey said...

I love the last picture! My baking never blends in so well with Dorie's! They look wonderful and I'm glad you had fun making them.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Beautiful!! Love the plate you used to display your Rugelach! I went overboard on the filling but yours looks just right!

chocolatechic said...

You did a great job.

Mine didn't roll out into a perfect circle either.

Anne said...

Those look great! I hadn't tried them either and I love how TWD expands my horizons. Great job!

Michelle said...

they look delicious! I can't wait to finish mine!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Oh I love this! So pretty and yummy looking. I need to get this recipe and work on this for Christmas! Thanks for posting it. Always an inspiration to expand my cooking and baking!

Maria said...

I think I will have to add these to my holiday baking list. They look wonderful!

CB said...

Ditto. Raspberry and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combos too. I can definitely see this for Xmas. Glad you enjoyed the recipe!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Piggy said...

I will make this for my x'mas cookies too! These were so delish! Glad that you like the recipe and thanks for baking with me this week. :-)

Pamela said...

The last picture is great! I'm with you in adding these to the cookie plates for Christmas!

Amy of Sing For Your Supper said...

They look great! Perfect Christmas cookies!!

-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com

La Bella Cooks said...

I love the combo of the raspberry and chocolate together! Your looks like they turned out perfectly, my mouth is watering.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Wow, your do look just like the picture! They'll be great around the holidays - glad you found a new special treat. And perfect circles are over-rated.
Nancy

Beth said...

OMG, yours look delish!! Yes, I am taking donations for a gift for Laurie. I will add you to my list and send out the details as soon as I arrange paypal. I'm thinking $1 per person, if I can get enough people!
bethberg12@yahoo.com

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cookies look so good and I love the last picture. My dough vaguely resembled a circle but it all worked out in the end.

kimberly salem said...

great job on these!! they look so pretty. raspberry, chocolate + pecan filling sounds delicious!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayte said...

Yours look yummy and will definitely be appreciated on that Christmas cookie list...your combination of flavors was good for that, too! I love your flowered plate...a flowered plate from the flourchild! Too cute.
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so curious now. I've never had them but I need to try them!

Tammy said...

well done! they look great

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Wow, beautiful job! It really is hard to tell which cookie is yours.

the Spaz said...

I like these for Christmas cookies, too, and they are pretty sturdy and hold up well even though you'd think they would be more fragile. Yours look beautiful!

Teanna DiMicco said...

I know! Those are some impressive Christmas cookies! And I TOTALLY kept sneaking tastes of the topping!

Jamie said...

Those look great! The last picture had me stumped for a second!

Peggy said...

Oh I love that last picture. What a great idea. Your rugelach look very delicious indeed!

Anonymous said...

They look great! I loved the last pic!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! I missed this week and am wishing I made them!! *YUM*

Debbie said...

They look so good. I'm going to make some for Christmas too, or this weekend, which ever comes first!

Laura said...

Does anyone ever get a perfect circle? Not me, for sure. Your rugelach came out beautifully! I agree with you - these are definitely Christmas cookie material.

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Your rugelach cookies look adorably cute and yummy. Great idea to make them over Christmas.

Christine said...

Definitely something I am adding to my Christmas List. Your Rugelach looks delicious!

Wservir said...

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Ptitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com (more than 30 000 visitors per day)

To add your site to the Ptitchef family you can use http://www.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to http://en.petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Octávio
www.petitchef.com

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

I'm so glad you found a new cookie to enjoy! These are just perfect for the holidays. Yours look just like Dorie's! I had to do a double take at that last picture before I finally figured out which one was yours :)

Debbie said...

You asked how I got my dough rolled out in a circle. I have this round mat from Pampered Chef with markings on it to make a 9,10,11, or 12 in circle. I just start rolling with my rolling pin and turn the circle a quarter turn each time until it's round.

Debbie said...

I meant turn the mat a quarter turn.