Here is the crust fresh and hot out of the oven.
All the layers were put in....
The whipped topping is on....
I swirled some chocolate on top. Chocolate, Peanut butter and bananas..oh my!
We waited about 5 minutes for it to chill and then sliced it.
I absolutely loved the peanut butter crust with the bananas and chocolate. The tastes mingled together very nicely.
I would recommend trying this pie with the peanut butter crust. The recipe is at the end!
This recipe is adapted from one that appeared in Prudence Hilburn's excellent "
Use your imagination as far as fillings (hint: think chocolate!).
This recipe is adapted from one that appeared in Prudence Hilburn's excellent "
Use your imagination as far as fillings (hint: think chocolate!).
1/3 cup chilled shortening
2 tablespoons chilled peanut butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
Cut the shortening and peanut butter into the flour using a food processor fitted with a plastic dough blade. Gradually add the ice water, mixing until the dough forms a ball. Form into a disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface until pastry circle is about 10 inches in diameter. Gently lay pastry into a 9-inch pie pan.
Prick crust gently all over with a fork, line with aluminum foil, and fill partially with pie weights or dried beans.
Bake about 5 minutes, then remove pie weights and foil. Bake another 5 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat, allow to cool completely, and fill with pie filling of your choice.
Makes 1 9-inch pie crust.
40 comments:
What a fantastic idea to use a peanut butter crust! Your pie looks fantastic!!!
That is just brilliant! peanut butter and bananas.. sounds like's elvis's treat!
Peanut butter pie crust is inspired! I love how pretty your pie looks with the chocolate swirled on top, it looks like one of those amazing pies that you see in diners. Yum!
I'm crazy for everything with peanut butter -- this looks fantastic!
I love the crust you made! I bet this was amazing!
wow! PB crust? That is major. So funny we both did the same flavor combo! We must both be Elvis fans...
Yowza! I'd take two slices,please.
I love the banana, pb and chocolate combo, what a smashing idea!
Only a peanutbutter crust could take this further over the top.
Wow! A PB crust was a fabulous idea, that's for sure!! And I love the chocolate you added on top. Nice touch!
Peanut butter and bananas are amazing! Great job!!!!
Using a peanut butter crust was a stroke of genius! Your pie looks wonderful!
I really like that you added chocolate to the top. Looks so yummy.
Oh Snap!! What a fabulous idea!! I loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches when I was little too! I may have to try it like this! :)
YUM - peanut butter sounds fantastic! It looks great! Thanks for baking with me this week!
-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com
Peanut butter crust...now is that a perfect marriage or what? And, I should have known some of you were going to come up with a way to incorporate chocolate in all this on a non-chocolate week! Your pie looks lovely!
I can't even imagine how wonderful this had to be with peanut butter crust. Amazing! And chocolate too? I would have devoured your pie!
Yum! I must try this!
Peanut butter CRUST?!?!! That is AWESOME!!!! The cake looks phenomenal and I love your new title banner! :)
The PB crust sounds perfect! Definitely using that recipe soon
Oh man, I wish I'd read this earlier! I liked my pie okay but I think I would have really loved it with the addition of peanut butter and chocolate. Genius.
Oh goodness. I love the pb crust idea. Filing that one away for future reference!
WOW...chocolate, banana and peanut butter what a fab combo.
Great job!!!
That looks delicious! I just had a peanut butter and banana on wheat for lunch! YUM!!
PB crust. Fantastic. And chocolate on top. Perfect.
Oh wow, a peanut butter crust - brilliant!! I need to give this a shot! Nice job.
Oh my. Peanut butter crust sounds magical with this recipe. And the chocolate syrup! YUM.
like everyone else, I LOVE the peanut butter crust idea.
Your pie looks great.. and even better with that chocolate!
Your pie looks so yummy. What a great idea to do a peanut butter crust. I grew up on peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches. Great job.
I love that you used a PB crust. How perfect! And that drizzle over the top just sends it over the edge. Delicious!
You are my hero! I would give your pie a blue ribbon in a heart beat.
Peanut butter and bananas. Yum. I will have to try that crust.
Caio ! You are right this sounds heavenly !!
Oooh, how interesting! I've never heard of peanut butter crust, but now I'm glad I have. Sounds fantastic.
a PB crust is SUCH a great idea!!
Wow, I love your changes! Peanut butter crust and drizzled chocolate. Yum.
Oh my is right! I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches too. This looks so decadent and delicious! Great job!
great idea to make the PB crust!! your whipped cream looks so much better than mine :P
Holy YUM! This looks amazing. I am new to your blog and I must say - I am totally impressed :)
zesty
How delicious this dish looks! Awesome!
Post a Comment