Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TWD Yummy Sugar Cookies

I was so excited that # 1 I remembered TWD this week and # 2 I actually had some time to myself to bake! Not only to bake but to bake some of my favorite cookies..sugar cookies!
Thank you Ulrike of Kuchenlatein for choosing this weeks recipe. You can check out her blog for the recipe.
My Grandma passed down these super neat cookie cut outs. I think of her every time I use them.
I decorated mine really simple..yummy vanilla frosting and some sprinkles. They tasted yummy and only lasted a day in my house! I do have a favorite sugar cookie recipe my mom gave me that I like better. It seems a lot of us have them! I'm glad I tried Dories recipe but I'm going to stick with moms!
I added some photos I took from our Thanksgiving trip to see my brother in California!

27 comments:

Cristine said...

I love those cutters! Great cookies and great pictures!

Sihan said...

i love the details on the cutters! great work. about to do my post now. hehe.

Jin Hooi said...

awwww.. I love your cookie cutters !!! Well Done

Shelby said...

Great job! I love that last photo of everyone decorating the gingerbread house! :)

Amanda said...

Your cookies look great. Mine are still in the freezer. I'm not going to roll these out, but do the slice and bake instead. I hope to get them done today.

Sabrina said...

I have some very similar cookie cutters from my grandma! Your cookies look so cute and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

Cathy said...

I love your cutters! They just don't make them like that anymore. Your cookies are so pretty -- and I am not surprised that they went quickly! Looks like you had a great time on your trip!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, especially decorating the house. Cookies looked fabulous. I've not made sugar cookies this winter yet, but I may just have to. I found a blog that you might be interested in, in regards to an earlier post: http://pramom26.blogspot.com/

Jacque said...

Mmmm, it's hard to beat sugar cookies with vanilla icing and sprinkles. They loook fantastic!

Unknown said...

Great cookie cutters! Yeah, that last photo was fun! Good job!

Kayte said...

Very pretty cookies...very nice job on those. Love the cutters...I have some of those old ones also, but you have some very unique ones to treasure. Thanks for sharing...it was fun to see them.

kimberly salem said...

your cutters are so pretty!! glad you liked these (but of course, mom's are always best ;) )

chocolatechic said...

Oh...those cookie cutters are just gorgeous.

I decorate my cookies like you do.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I'll bet you all had such fun with that gingerbread house. Your old cutters are lovely, and I'm sure the memories they call forth are priceless.
Nancy

dharmagirl said...

oh, wow, i love those cookie cutters, esp. the windmill (i grew up in Holland, Michigan:)

i also love the family photo of the gingerbread house construction--i've always wanted to make one!

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Those cookie cutters are so beautiful - you must have some beautiful memories of your grandmother from them.

The Food Librarian said...

Grandma cookie cutters rock!!! These are great.

Ellen and Tom said...

Your cookies look great. And I am really jealous of those vintage cookie cutters - what a great gift to treasure.

Jodie said...

Great cutters! Where in ID are you? My mom's from a small town in southern ID called Pingree. Ever heard of it?

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Those cutters are lovely! Beautiful cookies.

Debbie said...

How wonderful to have your grandmother's cookie cutters! They are beautiful as are your cookies.

TeaLady said...

Great cut outs. Thanks to grannies we have a lot of neat stuff. Cookies look yummy!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Those cut outs are gorgeous! Nothing like a treasure passed down from Grandma! And your cookies look absolutely delicious!

AmyRuth said...

Sugar cookies and family....just doesnt't get any better than that. I also think there is really a connection between home, family and sugar cookies. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Happy Holidays
AmyRuth

Pamela said...

Dorie's recipe looks like it turned out nicely, and so do the cookies that you did from your Mom's recipe. There's nothing like a family recipe! I love the cutter from your Grandma! They're so cool.

Kimberly Johnson said...

Great job on the cookies! My mom had those same cookie cutters except hers were aluminum.

Anonymous said...

I love those beautiful cookie cutters!