Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

French Yogurt Cake with Lemon Curd

Thank you Lilana of My Cookbook Addiction for choosing this weeks recipe. You can find this recipe for French Yogurt cake on her blog. It's also on pages 224-225 in Dories cookbook "From My Home to Yours." My cake came out of the oven with a little dip in the center of. Not to worry I smothered it with Lemon curd. I could have eaten that stuff by the spoonful.I could not find Lemon marmalade so I purchased this lemon curd instead.
I was not disappointed it makes an excellent topping for this cake
Overall I loved this bread and was very pleased in the taste. I thought it was very moist and the lemon topping added an extra boost of sweetness. This cake is perfect with tea or coffee.

33 comments:

Cristine said...

Oh I bet that it tasted fantastic with the lemon curd!!!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Your cake looks absolutely delicious with the lemon curd! I wish I had thought to buy some of that when I couldn't find the lemon marmalade. I ended up buying orange but didn't even use it on this, oh-well. I love that first photo, I'd want to sneak a little piece every time I passed by though :)

Amanda said...

I LOVED this cake, it smelled so good while cooking and tasted wonderful :) I paired it with simple lemon curd too, though I spread mine on like butter instead of topping it. YUM!

Maria said...

Love the lemon curd with the cake. Great idea! Looks tasty!

Kayte said...

I love lemon, so having lemon all over a piece of cake is just leaving me wanting more! It looks very delicious, great job.

chocolatechic said...

I heart lemon curd.

Jennifer said...

Love the lemon curd with the cake! I agree, it was quite yummy!

Leslie said...

Wasn't it yummy? I also did lemon curd instead of marmalade and loved it! This cake rocks!

Jules Someone said...

That looks just delicious! Save some lemon curd for me!

Teanna DiMicco said...

That looks so good with the lemon curd spooned on top of it! I wish I added more lemon flavor, because I'm really starting to love lemon over the past 2 weeks of TWD!

Anonymous said...

I loved this cake. It was so deliciously simple.

Ivette said...

Your cake looks absolutely delicious with that lemon curd... I wasn't able to find anything with lemon so I used orange marmalade instead... I LOVED IT!

Lady Baker said...

I almost picked up that very brand of lemon curd...then opted for a different type of lemon glaze---it looks great!

I just love this cake! I know I'll be making it again (and again) so eventually will do the lemon curd version!

Sihan said...

lemon curd.. *ahhh*. I could eat that by the spoonful too! and the little dip in the cake. Just makes it seem even more gracious. Great work dear!

Jessica said...

Your cake looks so moist and I bet it tasted even more amazing with the lemon curd too. Looking at the pictures makes me want a slice.

Audrey said...

Your cake looks wonderful...I had the same little dip (well the first one had a very very BIG dip) so I can now say it's perfectly normal. And congratulations on your swearing in - it's a wonderful thing you're doing!

Pamela said...

Seems like many TWD bakers enjoyed the lemon curd. I need to remember that for next time.

Peggy said...

I used lemon curd too! Brilliant minds think alike. Yours looks delicious.

Cathy said...

Great thinking to use lemon curd -- I bet that was perfect! Your cake looks beautiful. We really loved this one!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Looks absolutely delish! I am going to have to try and make some lemon curd in the near future!

Sweet as Coco said...

Looks like a lot of people liked the lemon curd on this cake. I is just so darn good...I can't stop eating mine! Glad you liked it as well!

Unknown said...

GREATNESS!

TeaLady said...

OH! Robertson's curd is about the best out there. Used to buy that lots when in UK. CAke looks great. Good for you on CASA. It is a great, great advocate for abused children. Thanks for doing that.

Erin said...

This looks so good with the lemon curd!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Honestly, I'm not sure your pretty cake needed the curd, but I'm betting the curd took it to another level! Great job with this wonderful cake.
Nancy

margot said...

The lemon curd was a great idea and you cake looks yummy. I did use lemon marmalade; it was good on the cake but I didn't like the taste of it by itself.

Jennifer said...

Mm.. I love lemon curd. I've actually made lime curd in the past and it was really great, too.

And I totally agree, this is the perfect cake to go with a cup of tea. I wish I had both right now!

Babette said...

Oh, yum, lemon curd...Everything yummy about that...

Lynne Daley said...

Lemon curd is so good. I'm sure it made your cake extraordinarily good. I found some lemon pear marmalade for my glaze.

dharmagirl said...

delicious! i love the tangy sweetness of lemon curd, and imagine it was so wonderful with this cake:)

Annette said...

It looks so yummy with the lemon curd! I loved this easy recipe. :) Nice job!

Engineer Baker said...

Mine collapsed too - I totally should have filled it with lemon curd. It sounds just fabulous. Beautiful job!

Liliana said...

I think this cake pairs beautifully with lemon curd! Your cake looks delicious.

Thanks for stopping by.