Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

This is how we roll in Idaho

The weather did not want to cooperate for us today. I had my half marathon race this morning....

 We woke up to this.....
The race went on! Our race director told us, if the bus can make it up the hill , you can make it down. WE did make it up, but it was hard coming down. 8 miles of the race is down hill, throw snow, ice and wind at ya..well it was a hard run!
I saw this deer while running...
This was towards the bottom of the hill. As soon as the roads cleared up we could pick up our pace.
My time was slower then normal, but I made it! My friend had never ran 13.1 miles or a race before, I had to mentally support her all the way down...it helped me to focus as well! I will never forget this run!

8 comments:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Awesome job! I cannot imagine running in the snow and cold weather. Congratulations!

Every Day Blessings said...

You are amazing! 13 miles, I don't think I could walk thirteen miles and I can say loudly that I am NOT ready for snow! However, it is beautiful!

Unknown said...

congrats, what a gorgeous place to run.

welcometomyfrontporch said...

Way to go! I bet that was a tough run. I want to train for a big run (other than a 5k) but it seems that they are all on Sundays here in Colorado. :( which is our biggest workday. Oh well...I admire people like you who do these.

Cristine said...

You are awesome!!!!

Cakelaw said...

Good on you for sticking with it despite the terrible weather. I would have stayed in bed!

Jacque said...

Wow, good for you, and your friend! Way to see it through.

Hanaâ said...

Kudos to you Michelle!! I can't believe you ran in the cold weather and snow. That's what I call perseverance :o)
It's been too long. How have you been? Getting ready for the holiday? Take care,
Hanaa