Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

{TWD} Honey Walnut Scones

Jeanette of http://thewhimsicalcupcake.wordpress.com/ chose our recipe for today's TWD.  What a great way to celebrate the first day of NOV.!  I get happy when we get to make scones. I love scones but it's just not something I make a lot.
 I tried Nancy's idea of scoring, then baking. I didn't see any difference in the way my scones turned out.  All though I liked how they came out in one big disk !
 I really enjoyed the almonds, could NOT taste the honey(I will add more next time).

 They were perfect with butter and homemade raspberry jam on top! A perfect Fall treat!


Here at TWD we are doubling up on recipes. I wanted to make the Far Breton but ran out of time.
Nicole of Cookies on Friday selected the Far Breton so you’ll want to stop by her blog to see that recipe.


I leave you with a little Subway art! My latest addiction! Happy Fall!

14 comments:

Cindy said...

I do love scones. I will make them and freeze most of the dough for company later this month.
I love getting dough out of the freezer and having fresh baked good in just minutes. Makes for a perfect morning.
Your scones look delish!! Good job.

mike509 said...

I will have to try Nancy's method as well - these look wonderful AND sound perfect with the raspberry jam! I thought they needed more "sweetness" too - nicely done!

TeaLady said...

I always cut mine before I bake them but I seperate them a little too. Those are beauftiful. I love scones but know if I make them TOO often I won't be able to get into my kitchen to make more.

Katrina said...

You got some good height on yours. They look great!

Hindy said...

Gorgeous! I'm not sure which was the biggest improvement for me - scoring or freezing, but these scones were the best.

Valerie Gamine said...

I should have listened to everyone's advice, your scones look beautiful and fluffy!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Your scones look great! I agree, I love scones but dont' make them near enough.

Happy November!

Anonymous said...

mmmm that last picture with the jam on top looks so delish! i am going to try nancy's method soon to see if it changes the texture of my scones. i need an excuse to make scones again anyway ;)

thank you for baking along with me this week!!

Unknown said...

The thing I love most about scones is how easy they are to make ahead of time, definitely a great breakfast treat, especially with jam :) Yours looks wonderfully light and fluffy!

spike. said...

They look wonderful! More honey is always a good idea

Cakelaw said...

Your scones look lovely - especially the one with the pile of ruby red jam on it.

Cakelaw said...

Your scones look lovely - especially the one with the pile of ruby red jam on it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful scones! I will try Nancy's method one of these days too - they look more homey and rustic than my scone pan scones.

Me said...

Mmmm.... these look great! I just made lemon curd and was looking for a great scone recipe to go along with it!

Thanks for coming to visit me at Money-Saving Mama! I appreciate it! I am following you now too. Hope you come back to visit me again soon!

Nancy :)