Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

{TWD } Alsatian Apple Tart







It's another double header at Tuesdays with Dorie this week. Our first delicious recipe was chosen by Jessica of Cookbook Habit, who selected Alsatian Apple Tart. I didn't have the time to make the brownies, the other choice.  Be sure to check out Jessica's blog for the tart recipe.
http://cookbookhabit.blogspot.com/

I have not been baking much lately, and I miss it. I was excited to get my hands on this recipe and back in the kitchen!
Since the half marathon I have been working out more, trying to keep my strength  going I gained from the half !! I don't want to lose it quite yet! Maybe when the snow hits and I'm surrounded by Christmas cookies, I'll be ready to back off!
The tart was easy to put together. I used the nut version of the sweet tart recipe, using ground up pecans.

This is SO good....We loved it! The crust is like one big giant cookie and the custard filling with the apples is tasty!!

8 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

Gorgeous tart! I'm sure it was perfect with the ice cream! :D

Peggy said...

It looks delicious especially with the ice cream. :) We loved this tart and I will definitely make it again. My crust didn't work exactly right, but it was still good.

Unknown said...

I love the look of your slice with the vanilla ice cream on top. How could anyone turn that down?

Unknown said...

The crust IS like a giant cookie! And your tart came out beautifully. Thanks for baking along with me!

TeaLady said...

With all the great reviews I have got to make this tart. Next week's rewind maybe. Looks delish.

Cakelaw said...

Look at your pretty tart! Makes me want to make it all over again. I loved this recipe.

Jaime said...

great job! I would have loved some ice cream w/mine!

Jacque said...

Mmm, I ice cream and this tart sounds perfect!