Andrea of Andrea In The Kitchen decided on Coconut-Roasted Pineapple Dacquoise on pages 293-295. Check out her blog for the recipe!

So I really
did my own thing with this recipe. We had Fathers day on June 20 and then my birthday was June 22. I have had company and a ton going on just like you all! Sooo after baking brownies and a cherry pie I decided to throw this one together!
Guess what it turned out tasting amazing!! I loved the flavor combination of the toasted coconut, macadamia nuts and almond flavored frosting. The puff pastry was crispy and the entire bite of this sweet goodness just melted in your mouth! My daughter Monique is a BIG pineapple lover so she especially loved this one. I'm not sure it's so pretty, but I tired my best to get it looking some what like Dories picture.

Chilling in the refrigerator...

So what I did is this..WARNING this is very easy!
I used 1 puff pastry
Homemade white frosting with almond extract and Macadamia nuts
Roasted pineapple
Roasted coconut
I cut the pastry in thirds and layered the frosting pineapple and coconut.
Dusted with powdered sugar.
Attention:
Upcoming give away will be here in a few weeks. Keep on the look out! I have had so many compliments on my Apron that I'm having another one made and giving it away. Stay tuned for details!
It will have this darling material but it won't look the same....

I know Im rambling on here but I just had to share one last thing! I got a new camera for my birthday yesterday and Im so excited that I can take better pictures. It's 12 mega pixels instead of 4 like my old camera!!!
22 comments:
Looks great! I used puff pastry, too, and loved it!
What a great idea to use puff pastry! I am going to have to remember that in the future. It sounds like things have been really crazy but a lot of fun around your house.
It looks lovely with the puff pastry and probably not as sweet. Well done!
I love what you did with this recipe. Awesome job.
Wow, puff pastry, I never would have thought of that. It looks good...and huge...I only made a quarter of the size and was thinking, "Where on earth would I put a full size version of this??" It was so great, I will make it again, and I might try it with the puff pastry next time to see what that is like...although that meringue business is so GREAT and easy...just have to be around for a long time for it to cook in the oven.
Nice job! This looks lovely, and I'll bet it tasted fantastic.
What a good idea to use puff pastry. This one looks too involved for me and a little too fattening, so I opted out and made a recipe from past TWD that I'd missed. Yours looks great!
Happy Belated birthday!
Great use of puff pastry on this dessert! It transforms a time-intensive process into something quick and easy.
Looks fabulous.
Macadamia nuts sound fabulous in this.
Hey! You made it work for you! I'm glad it was a it.
Great variation! I wish I'd used puff pastry too. The dacquoise is awfully sweet.
Love the fact that you used puff pastry instead!
You are such an adorable baker and your blog is awesome!
HAPPY BDAY!!!!
Great idea to use puff pastry! It definitely would be a timesaver. Congrats on the new camera!
Looks delicious.
New cameras are always fun, enjoy!
Those sound like some great changes, it's nice that you could make this one work for you despite a busy schedule. Love the apron, I will definitely be on the lookout for the giveaway!
Your Dacquoise looks so amazing and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I forgot to add -- Happy Birthday! Your cake is stunning.
That looks just great! I actually like meringue, but this is not the weather for it.
That is the cutest apron ever! Happy birthday! I am so glad this one was a hit! The macadamia nut addition sounds awesome!
great minds think alike! subbing puff pastry made this pretty quick
Puff pastry sounds like a great idea. It looks soooo delicious.
Great fun looking apron! We'll be making some aprons sometime soon also!
Hannah
Post a Comment