Thank you Jayne of The Barefoot Kitchen Witch for choosing Coconut Butter Thins. You must check out her blog and recipe for these yummy cookies! I found these wonderful tasty macadamia nuts at Wally's world for only 3.92 a bag!
I made up the dough and put it in the refrigerator to set.
My daughter had a Doctors appt. so we zoomed over there and sat in this room for one hour...ahhhh Dr.s frustrate me. In the time he took talking and doing whatever he was doing I could have had those shoe inserts made and on her feet. ;)
The hardest part for me was rolling the dough out. It was hard and we could have used it to play a game of frisbee. I let it sit out on the counter for 15 minutes before I could roll it out. I did manage to roll it out, but it took some strength.
I did use the technique with the dowels Jacque recommended. It worked well!
The cookies came out looking fine. I liked the taste, the lime/coconut combination was fabulous.
Here are my families review:
Monique age 16: They are good and taste like Lorna Doone cookies
Kryshawna age 15: I agree with Monique they taste like Lorna Doones.
Samuel age 11: Ewww I don't really like this kinda taste, but old people probably do..(hee hee..you gotta laugh)
Steven (my man): Very good cookies and way better then Lorna Doones!
I found these cute little bags while shopping with my daughter today. I'm going to deliver these to a few of my favorite neighbors. Happy Spring!
38 comments:
firstly... how do you always manage to find all these cheap deals?!?! macademias going at that price?! WOW! and secondly. i'm drop dead in love with the cookie bags! so darn cute! haha. must have made some kids really happy. *beams*
Ugh! I can not stand waiting in the doctors office like that! So frustrating. Anyway...nice job on the cookies! I got a deal on the nuts, too. Cute bags, I hope the neighbors enjoy the cookies.
You did such a nice job! I love all you table decorations and cute little bags.
Very cute!
Oh, those little bags are just adorable! Your neighbors are so lucky. I loved the "old people" cookies. That is such a funny description, I might have to write it in the cookbook.
Great job on the cookies! I loved them so I'm officially an old person! Those bags are too cute, and way to go on scoring macadamias for so little $$.
I bought the same macadamias at the same place! Those easter bags are super cute! Great job on the cookies - they look fabulous!
Didn't you just love rolling these out in the baggie? I had never done that before and it was super easy. I love your stack of cookies. Mine were too thin to do that!!! Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy all the comments so much.
So cute! LOVE those cookie bags!!!
My neighbors are eating all my cookies right now too. :)
aww cute bags. Your neighbors will love them. Funny that the kids thought they tasted like lorna doones. :)Looks like they turned out perfectly!
How cute are those bags!!!! And I want to go to a place called Wally's! Like Wally World from National Lampoons!
Your cookies are awesome!
Oh, your post had me giggling throughout. LOVE the picture of the doctor's office. LOVE your kids' reviews of the cookies, especially Samuel's. Yup, we old people can't get enough of these puppies. I might make another batch next week. Your cookies look great!
It works better if you roll out the dough before you refrigerate it -- as long as you put it in a baggie. It's very soft. We all loved these cookies at my house!
What cute bags, and your cookies look great too!
I got those same nuts at Christmas time for $1.50.
Love your post.
I love love love the bunny bugs! your cookies look a million times better than mine. very jealous
Nicely done, I hope the neighbors enjoy!
I love old people cookies! Nice job on these - they look delicious.
Excuse me!! I have to leave now because I really want to have one (or two) of those cookies. Those cookies look amazing. I love those bags! I hope that I come across some. Thanks for sharing.
Waiting at the doctor is the worst! Your cookies look wonderful. Nice job.
Those ARE way cute goodie bags. Love the tower of cookies. Great job.
Fab cookies - and glad all the "old people" in your house loved them.
Hey, I'm glad the dowel rods worked for you.
Your cookies looked great! I've never had Lorna Doone's... I'm going to have to try them.
Your neighbors are lucky to be receiving these delicious treats. Well done...They look fantastic!
Your testers gave such great reviews! I can't remember the last time I've had a Lorna Doone, but if they taste like these cookies, I'd like them. Cut bags and how nice to share with neighbors.
Nancy
YOur cookies look wonderful. I love the gift bags. Cute!
Yeah, aren't Dr.s fun. Wait 90 minutes for a 5 minute visit and pay $100. Shudda been a doctor.
But these cookies were worth waiting for. They were delicious. Love your stack of yummy!
Those are the cutest bags...I am going to copy you on that idea..off to eat more cookies!
What a wonderful neighbor you are. Love those little bags. I hate waiting that the Drs.
I hate waiting at the doctor's office, too, especially when it's for something not-so-pleasant like a shot or a pap smear. More time to anticipate the pain/discomfort.
Oh, and waiting at the dentist's office, don't even get me started on that....
What were we talking about? Oh, yah, cookies. I love your cookie reviews. Old people cookies, hee hee.
They were great, we liked them too. How cute are those bags!! So adorable.
If your son doesn't like them, I guess that means more for the rest of you--and they look great. Those cookie bags are the cutest!
Flourchild, I love your fun blog!
Great pics . . very cute food storytelling.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
Hahaha, I love your kids' comments! These do look like Lorna Doones (which I love). I can't wait to try these cookies. Love your blog!
Your cookies look great. I love how we all get to learn new techniques, like bags and dowels.
what adorable bags! Your cookies look beautiful :)
Katie xox
wow look at those cookies all stacked up! you're supposed to roll out the dough before putting it in the fridge to set :)
What lovely cookies! And those bags?! So cute. Once, I fell asleep at the doctor's office waiting!
Post a Comment