
First off I would like to say a big thanks to Lorelei for starting Sweet Melissa Sundays. I appreciate all of her hard work to get this group going.
Our first recipe is Honey Beescotti. I like biscotti but I'm not a big fan of baking it. I did not want to miss the first baking day so I went for it.
.jpg)
It was fun making my own candied oranges. Its super easy and they turned out great!

My biscotti dough spread out in the oven.....(gross)
.jpg)
It came out super flat.....
.jpg)
Here is all I salvaged from my batch....(now you can see why I don't like making my own biscotti). It tasted good dipped in tea. I ate a few and chucked the rest.
.jpg)
Here's what it should of looked like.....
14 comments:
Yay for our first Sweet Melissa Sunday! Sorry that your dough spread in the oven; it's amazing how finicky doughs can be. Although, I must say, I kind of liked the look of your biscotti--they almost looked like British tea biscuits (like McVitties)!
My dough spread a lot too. And I let it chill over night before baking! I think commercial biscotti must use secret ingredients we home bakers don't know about!
Ooh, I am sorry you had such trouble with this one, but the candied oranges look great (my favourite part too) and there is always next week!
Oh, no! Sorry your biscotti spread so much, I wonder why? They almost look like graham crackers to me which sounds like a fun variation on the original so you could just pretend you planned it that way :) Your orange peel looks great, I had so much fun making that and was surprised how easy it was.
Thanks so much for letting me know about Sweet Melissa Sundays early, it will be so fun baking together twice a week!
So glad you decided to participate! Sorry it didn't turn out the way you'd hoped but at least it tasted good :)
Ugh! What a bummer - and the first recipe, no less!
Hope you have better luck with the chocolate cake ~
I'm so glad that you're doing SMS and I give you props for making the biscotti when they're not a particular favorite of yours. I have to admit though, I love the super thin crisps that you ended up with. It's sort of a new take on biscotti and it's very cool.
Darn - Too bad yours spread but I actually perfer the thickness of yours to traditional biscotti. I'm jealous I wasn't able to make my SMS recipe for this week.
They are flat, but they are so cute! They're like Honey Beescotti - Graham crackers! :)
Sorry it didn't work out! At least you tried:)
Oh no! What happened? Too bad for the super spread. Better luck next week!
I still think they look really good, just not like typical biscotti. And there is chocolate cake to look forward to next week!
Sorry you had the dreaded biscotti spread - disappointing since I know they smelled amazing. Hope you liked the one you got to sample? Well on to the next assignment: chocolate here we come!
Nancy
Sorry you had such a spreading problem. You are such a good sport for making it anyway. I usually have a hard time making bisctti too, so I wanted the challenge. This was super tricky dough though. Thanks for joining the group, so happy to bake with you!
Post a Comment