Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TWD Tender Shortcakes

Cathy of The Tortefeasor chose Tender Shortcakes on page 423.
Be sure to check out her blog for this wonderful recipe..

http://www.thetortefeasor.blogspot.com/

I enjoy Cathy's blog. She has the best stories and I love to see the darling photos of her three children. Her husband, David does not like chocolate, and that flat out amazes me! Be sure to check out her blog ..she always makes me smile!



Thank you Cathy for your easy and tasty selection of recipes! We all enjoyed it over here. I enjoyed it because it was so easy to bake up and so yummy to eat! My family was thrilled to have an excuse to pile on the whipped topping!

Do you know where I got this picture from....? That is a real tender cake!!



I ate mine with a cup of hot chai tea and it was darn satisfying!

36 comments:

Cakelaw said...

These were satisfying - I liked them best with just honey spread on top.

Cristine said...

Your shortcakes look delicious!

Every Day Blessings said...

Looks delicious! I think my first Sweet Melissa was shortcakes that my girls still talk about! Hope you are having a great summer.

Cindy said...

We loved them! I had a shortcake for breakfast, I am sure it will be a great day!

Bella Baker said...

Wow, your shortcakes look amaaaazing! They look so fluffy and perfect! Yum!!!

Lady Baker said...

Chai tea...perfect combination with this..I still have some left-overs (and some chai) thanks for the great idea!! :) They look great!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Great looking shortcakes!

Jacque said...

Looks delish! Gotta love the piles of whipped cream :)

Judy said...

Looks like you had great fun with the whipped cream! They look delicious. Wish I had some chai tea right now, too.

The Mortensens said...

I loved these over here too! Delicious and easy. Your look great!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

mmm--yes please! those look good!

miss kate said...

They were lovely, weren't they?

Di said...

Looks like they had fun with the whipped cream. =) I had tea with mine, too--not chai, though I do drink it quite often.

Amber Marie said...

These look great! Love all the whipped cream piped out on top - yum!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Those are great looking shortcakes. It is good to have you back again. You always have great photos of your food.

Mary said...

They look great! I have very fond childhood memories of going strawberry picking and then completely burying them in spray whipped cream!

Erin said...

Very pretty shortcakes. I agree...this is a dessert that everyone likes!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh goodness, these look sooo yummy!!! I bet they were great with that cup of tea!

Pamela said...

I had one for breakfast and it was a dang good way to start the day!

Unknown said...

Haha I used these as an excuse to pile on the whipped topping too! Yours look terrific! I wish I had one left to enjoy tonight.

Paula said...

Looks like you enjoyed these little cakes...and look at all that whipped cream. YUM!

dharmagirl said...

mmm, these would be delicious with chai! i love your fun photos:)

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

Your shortcakes look wonderful. I like the nice texture on the top. I pressed mine down a little too flat.

margot said...

They look wonderful with all that whipped cream! I loved these too.

Gracie said...

Yours look yummy. I had mine for breakfast...did you?

Leslie said...

This looks so delicious! I'm not a huge whipped cream fan, but even I ate it with these delicious shortcakes.

Piggy said...

Your shortcakes look great! I took the opportunity to eat lots of whipped cream too! ;-)

Katrina said...

Yours are awesome looking big shortcakes! I think I'll make them again today to take to a friend who told me she loves REAL shortcake!

Cathy said...

Thank you for your sweet comments Michelle - I think you are the best! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed these shortcakes, and I especially loved seeing the whipped cream art on the different shortcakes!! They all look fabulous! Thank you for baking along with me this week!

Shandy said...

Don't you just love spring and summer desserts? We have waited so LONG for this time of year to finally show up!

Your shortcakes look fun and delicious Michelle =0)

Mimi said...

Easy and delicious, they look so tasty.
Mimi

Anonymous said...

That is called having some "fun" with whipped cream. How great! It's wonderful when people enjoy their food and it becomes "interactive"! Glad you enjoyed these - they were the best!

mike
TWD blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Valerie Gamine said...

I want more too! Your shortcakes are making me hungry. :D

Lynne Daley said...

I loved these, too. One of my very favorite Dorie recipes. Yours look great and I'm sure the Chai tea was fabulous with the cakes.

Spike said...

chai and shortcakes sounds perfect- especially with whipped cream piled high!

Kayte said...

Beautiful! These were so good, weren't they??? And so easy! Oh, and btw, I totally understand David's lack of interest in chocolate!