Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

SMS Double Dark Chocolate chip cookies

Thank you to: Megan for choosing Double Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies . Check out her blog at My Baking Adventures . I thought this recipe was super easy to make and the outcome was great. I did leave the cherries out. Steven loves cherries but not in his cookies. I found this out when we made something with chocolate and cherries for TWD. I didn't want these sitting around going stale so I made them cherry free. I didn't roll my dough up all nice and neat. I wanted them to be big and rustic looking! Everyone said they liked the cookies and my neighbor was happy to get some too. It's so nice to spread the calories around the hood! I found these labels at the store yesterday. I like them!

23 comments:

Megan said...

What great labels!

I don't like cherries and chocolate together, either, so I'm glad you were able to make everyone happy with them!

spike. said...

Love your labels! Bet your neighbors are glad to have your treats!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! your little boxes and stickers are the absolute cutest! Your neighbors must love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Those labels are so sweet! I didn't use cherries in mine either, but mine was an accidental omission. But I think I liked the pure chocolate taste enough ;-) Your cookies look so rich, especially the first photo, lovely work!

Jessica said...

Those little cookie boxes and labels are adorable. I bet that your neighbors just love you -- especially because the cookies inside the boxes are so darn delicious!

Unknown said...

Those labels are fantastic! I want some :) I made my cookies without cherries too and thought they were delicious!

Sarah said...

Love the labels! I loved the cherries in these, but I'm sure they're just as delicious without them - they sure look it!

Basically, Baby Boots said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Basically, Baby Boots said...

Spread those calories around the hood! Imagine how much weight we'd all gain by the time we finished the book, The Sweet Melissa Baking Book, especially if we kept all of these goodies to ourselves. I'm glad that you and the neighbor enjoyed the recipe chosen my Megan this week.

Raeann

Pamela said...

Cute labels and what a nice way to give some cookies to a neighbor. I'm sure they were well loved. Great job.

Mermaid Sews said...

Love the packaging. Glad you liked these. Sorry I have been MIA, I have been so busy, but it has made me feel so bad not to have time to comment. Hope all is wel.

margot said...

I like your rustic cookies and those labels are adorable! I really need to befriend my neighbors, cookies would be a great way to do it.

k.a.r.e.n said...

I pass my treats onto my neighbors, too. But not these, i ate almost half of them at once!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Your cookies look fabulous, and I'm in LOVE with those labels. What a find! I'd certainly like to receive a box of your homemade cookies in that adorable packaging! And what a beautiful glass in that 2nd picture... like from an antique ice cream parlor!

I'd love for you to drop by my site if you have a chance, to check out my cookies as well! Hope to talk to you again after the next SMS postings. Have a wonderful week!

-Joy

PheMom said...

What a cute idea! I'm sure that your neighbors are so glad they live by you!

pinkstripes said...

Your cookies look great! They were sooo delicious. YUM.

Eliana said...

Your cookies look great. I didn't get to make them this week but I will be making them soon, sans the cherries too. Maybe I'll add some white chocolate chunks. And what cute labels you found.

Katrina said...

I liked looking at everyone's SMS cookies so much that I made them today (I'm not in the group). They are good and chocolaty!
Love your 'hood gifts! I love giving away the goodies, too.

Chaya the Comfy Cook said...

I just got the cookbook and I see why you gals and guys like using it for these goodies. Going through the book, I found more recipes to make than I can even think to bake for a while. I have to start somewhere and maybe, these cookies are a good place. I love chocolate.

Any recommendations what to try?

Thanks.

Chaya http://comfycook.wordpress.com/

Shandy said...

Wow, your cookies look delicious! I didn't think we would like them because of the cherries but we did...shocking =D. Your labels are super cute too.

Michele said...

Your cookies look great, and I'm glad people really enjoyed them!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Hahah it is always nice to spread the calories to the neighborhood rather than have the calories spread to my thighs! Haha! Gorgeous cookies!

Sihan said...

hey lovely! it's been ages since i've dropped a comment! hehe. just got back from australia a week ago, and I'm glad to see that everything in your kitchen is in working order!

Love the adorable stickers! i want some too! your neighbours are so darn lucky!