Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

{TWD} Flip-Over Plum Cake

If I could do a back flip I would have done a few for this cake! It was flippin good!!

Thank you Becky of Project Domestication for choosing this awesome cake!  Go here for the recipe
http://www.projectdomestication.blogspot.com/

I loved how juicy the fruit became!

The mornings here in Idaho are starting to feel like fall. This is a perfect fall morning treat.



 I made this early in the morning so my kids would wake up to the wonderful baking smells. They were very happy with this awesome morning dessert. My son loaded the whipped cream on top! You can eat this for breakfast or any time of the day!





I will definitely make this simple and tasty cake again! I loved how the buttery cake mingled with the juicy moist plums!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was fantastic. I am looking forward to plums being in season so I can try this again.

Cristine said...

Wasn't it amazing??? Yours looks great!

Cakelaw said...

It looks fab Michelle! Also love your autumnal photo of Idaho - the colours are spectacular.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Your cake looks just perfect! I think I must have cut my fruit pieces too small or something because mine is more like a cobbler, but still delicious! Will be giving this one another go for sure :)

Love the fall colors over the water photo! We are probably 1 week or maybe 2 before peak colors over here but soon it will be so pretty and I can't wait!

Mary said...

I love your fall in Idaho picture. We loved this one too.

Tia said...

what lucky children you have! the smell alone must have woken them up. the most delicious alarm clock. I couldn't do twd this week - traveling in NY! great job though :)

Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Nicole said...

I thought this cake was very good! I wasn't sure when I was making it but it came out all perfect. Love the fall colors picture.

Cindy said...

I agree, it would be perfect for breakfast. We loved it!

Hindy said...

Your fall colour is weeks ahead of ours in Toronto. We have no red yet.
I'd do back flips over this recipe too. The family loved it.
Yours looks delicious!

Unknown said...

I loved this one too, despite some initial skepticism. Your kids are super lucky to wake up and have this for breakfast :)

Jacque said...

Oh, wow, yours looks so perfect! Just like the fall leaves picture.

Katrina said...

What a great idea to have for breakfast! Love that fall reflection photo!

Jules Someone said...

Looks great! I think this would be amazing with just about any fruit.

HippieDog said...

Hi Michelle! That plum cake looks fabulous. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such nice things....it's so nice to meet you!

Michelle
xo

alvarosa said...

Do I really have to repeat that your indian summer picture is awesome? :o]

Nichicakes said...

Gorgeous fall picture! This would be amazing for breakfast.

Lynne Daley said...

What gorgeous Fall colors! They match the beauty of your flip over plum cake. I loved this cake, too!