I have had the decorating bug lately . SO I decided to get busy, thrifty and creative with my laundry room. It's tiny and there is not much room to work with . Here is what I did!! Scroll to bottom of page to see the before picture !!
I painted the walnut cabinet white and the walls a pretty mellow yellow. Both paints I kept from other projects.
My dad gave me this darling cupboard. I painted it white.I did have to buy more paint. The cheapest I could find was at Fred Meyers for 15.99 a gallon. This is not my fav. paint. In fact I will never use it again. I have been spoiled with Valspar paint. It did the job , but took 3 coats of paint.
I had some left over wall paper from our home on Kettering Ave. in Boise. I used it to line the shelves.
Now for my fav. part...Come see...
Ta daaaaaa......... I'm so happy with the way it turned out. My dad gave me the two shelves. I hung them and added a few cute laundry decorations. I am going to get a fun yellow basket for my laundry detergent.
This is behind the door..not to exciting, but it works!
Close up shot of my cute new sign and safety pin. Got them both at Real Deals with my 5 dollar off coupon!!
I used this darling little box to hold my dryer sheets!
On top of the hutch I put a basket . I put all of our sacks in there,
This is my fav. !!! I took two plant hangers and a flag pole. I painted the pole white and hung it behind the door for clothes to dry on!
Here it is close up..It worked perfectly. I can take the wooden pole out any time I need to!
This is an old vintage rug I have had for years. It's pretty worn out but I'm using it!
OK so here is the before shot....ugly with a capital U...I am happy with my new room and happy to say it was so inexpensive to do!
Hutch-free
Shelves- free
Decorations- 8.00 with coupon :)
Paint- 15.99
Plant hangers- 8.00
Not to shabby!!
7 comments:
Looks awesome!!!!
Chelle Belle that is darlin' and I mean darrrrlin!! You are so creative!
I love your laundry makeover - so cute!
So cute, what a difference. That would actually make it pleasant to do laundry. Love the sign and the giant pin too.
love it! I can't believe what a little paint did to make it seem so much bigger!
Michelle, thanks for the comment! It is so nice to be back to blogging :)
Your laundry room makeover is awesome! I totally need to do something like that. Above my washer and dryer is this big empty wall and I keep wanting to add some cabinets or shelves, your new room is an inspiration.
So cute! I'm about to give my laundry room a makeover myself.
Post a Comment