Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies

   I found this awesome recipe today here....http://www.hippiedogsfavoriterecipes.com/ Be sure to check out her blog. She has some amazing recipes!
I can not resist an Oatmeal Cookie! This recipe just caught my eye and I knew I would have to bake these today!
I was not disappointed! These cookies are VERY GOOD!


Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies!


1 1/4 cups butter, softened

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 large egg

2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

3 cups uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)

Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla until combined.

Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in oats.

Drop by rounded TBSP on cookie sheet or stone.

Bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on pan for 3 minutes. Remove cookies and cool completely on wire rack.

Filling

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 cups powdered sugar

2 TB whipping cream

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Combine ingredients in small bowl and whip until fluffy.

Place  filling on cookie and sandwich another cookie on top!

1 comment:

Cristine said...

I am SO making these! YUM!