One thing that helps me from eating after dinner snacks is my next breakfast !! I like to plan something really yummy for the morning!
I love K.E.R.F.s blog(Kathy eats real food). I have found the best ideas for healthy eating from her. Most of all I love her tribute to Oats..My very favorite thing in the entire world to eat for breakfast!
In my fridge I have Overnight oats, waiting for me in the morning. I used a mason jar and added..
1/3 cup dry oats
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Almond milk
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. organic peanut butter
You can add a half of banana or whatever sounds good!
Let set in refrigerator all night. In morning take take out and crumble muffin on top if you desire. I plan to warm it up add a little more cold milk and eat with a Great harvest muffin. It has bits of peaches in it!
*My daughter works at Great harvest bread. Every so often she will bring home some day old baked goods My favorite our their yummy muffins. The best one is a trail mix sort of muffin. It has oats, almonds, honey, raisins and flax seeds. I love it!
4 comments:
I love KERF, too! I haven't tried OIAJ yet but I want to! And all her new posts about Great Harvest make me want it so bad... unfortunately the closest one to me is 221 miles away! hahaha
Sounds perfect to me, keep me from eating candy please!
I haven't tried oatmeal this way yet, but want/need to!
Love the sound of the overnight oats - is it like Bircher muesli?
Post a Comment