Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

{TWD} Chocolate chip and walnut loaf and Im back!!

 It's so nice to be back and especially back to baking! It's been a very busy month. My daughter graduated from High school. We had family visit from the east coast and during all the festivities my mom decided to get sick and visit the ER. She is fine now and doing very well!

I was excited to make this loaf of sweetness! I cut the recipe in half and added mini chocolate chips. I love dates, but thought I didn't have any, until later I discovered some in my freezer! Oh well....the chocolate chips tasted wonderful. I added almonds and in place of the cream cheese I used sour cream! Yum it turned out wonderful! Everyone enjoyed the flavor and the moist texture of the bread!
Thank you Mary for choosing this weeks recipe. Be sure to check out her awesome blog for the recipe!
http://www.popsiclesandsandyfeet.blogspot.com/


16 comments:

Cakelaw said...

The choccie chips look fab - just as good as the dates. Welcome back!

Peggy said...

Welcome back and congrats on the graduation. Your cake looks very moist and delicious - unlike my dry one. Love the choc chips idea.

spike. said...

Great subs! Glad your mom is doing okay

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Now I'm wanting it with chocolate chips. Yours looks super moist and delicious.

Busy month, glad your mother is doing well now.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Cute little loaves! I did chocolate chips, too, with almonds - so yummy! :)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Congratulations on the graduation. Hoping your Mom continues to feel better. Welcome back.

I think you are a genius using chocolate chips. That is more my speed than dates but my husband loved it with dates.

Bella Baker said...

congrats to your daughter on graduating!! So exciting! Your bread looks absolutely delicious! So glad you enjoyed it!

Cindy said...

Great substitutions. That is the fun thing about baking--we all start out with the same recipe but end up with many tasty variations.
Glad your mom is ok. glad you are back here baking with us. We missed you.

Amber Marie said...

This looks great. The sour cream + chocolate chips sounds like a good combination!

Nicole said...

I'm sure this was good with chocolate chips, but I'd suggest making it with the dates because it was that good. Welcome back!!

Tia said...

nice to have you back! i've been so bad at commenting on people's posts lately... sorry!!!

http://www.buttercreambarbie.com

Aspiring Mom2three said...

This looks totally delicious. Reminds me of the chocolate chip muffins that I make. Very rich!

I really wanted to stop by and wish you a totally fabulous birthday! I hope it is filled with tons of love, laughter, and special blessings.

Anonymous said...

I liked this with dates, but it would be so good with chocolate chips too! Glad you enjoyed it!

Mary said...

Welcome back to TWD! I am so glad you liked my pick. You are way too young looking to have a daughter graduating from high school...congrats to you all.

Kathy said...

Congrats to your daughter and welcome back! These loaves look so delicious! Chocolate chips…yummy!
Glad your mom is well.

Katrina said...

Mmm, I Like your omission of dates. (Not that I don't like them, but just didn't feel like making this because it had dates.) Chocolate chips--that's more like it. ;)