Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

{TWD} Citrus Sunshine Muffins with Blueberries and Chocolate Chips

Thank you Luaryn of Bella Baker for choosing this weeks recipe. Please check out here for the recipe.

I made these last night for a special guest we had over.

I followed the recipe exactly except instead of currants I added blueberries to some, chocolate chips to some and left a few plain.

Our special guest was my nieces boyfriend Zack. He has been serving in the Army over in Iraq. He will go back to Iraq in one week. It was so nice to meet him!




I asked them what they thought of the muffins and my niece said they are good,they taste like orange. Her boyfriend, Zack said..Let's put it this way, I could eat the entire plate!


We had a great night playing Apples to Apples and getting to know this nice young man!
I had one for breakfast this morning and they are so moist and yummy! I will be making these again!

Oh.. and Thank you Zack for serving our country!

21 comments:

Katrina said...

Everyone always thinks I'm going to ramp up TWD recipe with chocolate somehow, but I'm starting to think it's you. I knew you try cc's in these. ;)
I didn't this time, and actually meant to with just a few and forgot. I used pecans instead of currants.

Bella Baker said...

thats awesome! Those blueberry muffins look great!

Jessica said...

Your muffins look delicious! Chocolate chips are always a good addition. PS: I'm obsessed with Apples to Apples -- best game ever!

Peggy said...

I think I would have loved chocolate or blueberries in mine too. I used craisens which were just okay, didn't add that much. Hope you are having a good week. Glad you company loved the muffins! that is always the best compliment.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Love your heart liners! Glad that Zach is home safe and that you guys had a fun night together - is he going back over?

spike. said...

Sounds like a fun evening!

Cindy said...

Tell Zach thanks! So many fun additions, I think I would love them with chocolate. Kind of like the chocolate oranges you get at Christmas.

Tia said...

the blueberry ones look like little explosions of goodness!

Buttercreambarbie

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Looks yummy! Our dentist loves chocolate chip muffins. Saw the Apples to Apples game - our family loves it! Always lots of laughter and fun.

Mary said...

We played Apples to Apples too! Cool substitution with the blueberries...

Nicole said...

So nice that you could make them for such a nice couple! Yours look great!

Amber Marie said...

These look great - especially the blueberry ones! Apples to Apples is the best game! :)

Jules Someone said...

I love your variety. We used a mix of dried fruit from Trader Joe's. Yum!

Joy said...

Blueberries and chocolate are fantastic ideas! Orange and chocolate, and then a citrus blueberry muffin - I'm going to have to try both.
It's so nice that you got to spend time with your niece and Zach - it sounds like a great night!

Hindy said...

I'm glad your muffins were a hit with your company!

Brittany said...

They Look delicious. Everytime I come to your blog, I get hungry and it makes me wanna cook. I LOVE IT♥

Unknown said...

Yum, everything is better with chocolate so I bet your muffins were delicious! Sounds like a fun evening at your house :)

mike509 said...

Michelle - what wonderful muffins! I love the cups - and by the looks of everyone, so did they! Blueberries and citrus go so well together! Looks like they were a hit!

Cakelaw said...

Cute muffins - love the heart shape pans. I am sold on the choc orange combination - jaffa!

Lynne Daley said...

What a tasty addition to your sunshine muffins! They look delicious!

Jaime said...

they look great. what a nice treat for a special visitor :)