Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

{FFWD} Beggar’s Linguine

FFWD is here again! Today we have Beggars Linguine. You will have to buy Dorie's new cookbook Around my French able to read why she named the recipe this!


The night I made this happened to be one of my daughters nights to cook dinner. We did it together. I wish I would have got some pictures of her cooking with me.


We added all the goodies Dorie suggested. Both of us were gagging over the sticky figs and wondering what the heck it's going to taste like!


It was a hit with the entire family. We loved loved it! All that butter and all the fillings went so well together!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started laughing at your gagging comment! I'm glad you were able to make this with your daughters!

spike. said...

sounds like a fun night with the girls!

Kathy said...

What a fun way to cook! I always loved cooking with one of my kids. Glad you all enjoyed this dish. I thought it was surprisingly good…my husband had his spaghetti with jarred sauce!

Anonymous said...

How great to cook with such great helpers!

Adriana said...

Always good to have a backup plan! My hubby got a lot of salad on the side and I got seconds!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, I love this kind of meal... it looks delicious!

Cher Rockwell said...

Too funny. Glad you had great help & everyone liked it. I think a lot of us had our reservations!

Unknown said...

Wonderful that your family was willing to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Sticky figs indeed! This recipe was really good, wasn't it?

Elaine said...

How fun that you cooked this dish with your daughter! It looks great and I am so glad that your whole family loved it.

Unknown said...

I love that you and your daughter did this together! And the image of you both gagging was priceless! :)

amanda @ fake ginger said...

Oh no, gagging is never a good thing! :( But I'm glad you guys ended up enjoying it! :)

Ryan said...

Great post and so funny about the gagging part! That's so nice that you made this dish with your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Glad you ended up liking this one. I was unsure to start and lukewarm after. Glad I tried it though.

Val said...

I always have the best time cooking with my daughter!!

Unknown said...

I officially regret skipping this one. I too was a little skeptical of dried fruit in pasta - but then I love it in couscous, so why not? Your linguine looks great, and how fun to make it with your daughter.