Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

White Bean Chili in the crockpot

I found these packages of Organic Rice at Costco. I love them because they taste wonderful and are ready in 90 seconds!



This is my families favorite Chili recipe. My kids aren't crazy about the tomato based chili's. I make this one a lot in the winter!
Recipe for White Chili

 1lb. large Great Northern beans, soaked overnight  (you can use canned beans too)
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up
1 medium onion, chopped
2 4-1/2 oz. cans chopped green chilies
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth(You can use homemade chicken stock or what I love, chicken base paste)
1 cup water

Put soaked beans in Medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes.
Discard water.

 Brown chicken. if desired in 1-2 Tbsp. oil in skillet.

Combine pre-cooked and drained beans, chicken and all remaining ingredients in slow cooker.

Cover. Cook on Low 10 to 12 hours, or on High 5 to 6 hours.


I had a bowl of this over brown rice. It was very tasty!

7 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

Looks delicious I am always looking for recipes to try for my crock pot to use on Days that I work. I'll have to try this.

Unknown said...

Great find there, this meal looks perfect for our chilly day

Cristine said...

I absolutely LOVE white chili! I'm actually making it for dinner tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of white chili. The chicken and white beans sound so delicious!

Eliana said...

This chili looks like the perfect winter meal. So comforting and delicious.

Cakelaw said...

I have never seen a chili like this one before - I have only ever had the tomato based ones. Looks really good!

Elaine said...

I have noticed recently that Costco has so much more organic items to offer. This looks so hearty and perfect for a cold day!