Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

{French Friday with Dorie} Pancetta Green Beans

Today it's
pancetta green beans !!

It's time for another FFWD! If your still on the fence about joining this fun group, get off it and join! This cookbook "Around My French table" by Dorie Greenspan has some great recipes!
  Any recipe that can make green beans taste like these  ...AND.... 3 TEENS gobbled them up and(not a bean was left), has me sold!!

This was a excellent recipe! I did not look for Pancetta, but used some very thick bacon from my freezer. It tasted great!

If you want the recipe, buy the cookbook and enjoy!

24 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

If 3 teens gobbled these up, that's a fabulous endorsement! My guys like this one, too~

Anonymous said...

Great substitution with the thick sliced bacon!

Anonymous said...

Those look great! You can't go wrong with bacon...

Jenn said...

Great advertising for the cookbook :). It is an awesome cookbook.

Glad you and your teens like this dish!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Always a good sign when there's nothing left on the table! :) Looks great!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Yes...My beans were gobbled up too almost before I could get my photo...no more plain green beans at my house!

Cristine said...

Your green beand look great! Your post reminded me that it's Friday and I need to get my FFwD post up! :)

Annie said...

I'm using bacon next time!

franklyentertaining said...

I agree with you about this cookbook; I absolutely love it! Plus, it gives me something to look forward to every week!

Anonymous said...

Your beans look great! No wonder they got devoured in no time.

The Food Librarian said...

Three teens and veggies! Yay! This looks great!

Cher Rockwell said...

Wow! Way to get everyone on the bean train. My 16 year old was eating these out of the serving dish with her fingers even after dinner was over... They were that good.

tricia s. said...

I only had two teens...but had the same results :) That is one of the things I enjoy about FF. The boys used to ask more questions about what the recipes had in them, but they have enjoyed things "out of their comfort zone" and will now readily try any Dorie recipe. This was chowed down with comments about how they can't believe they were eating beans. Of course they were pretty much tasting pancetta, but that is another story....

Ronda Kisner said...

Yay Bacon!

Savoring Italy said...

My kids didn't even get a sample because I ate the whole thing:)Loved this recipe. Bacon is fine with me too!!Happy Weekend!

Cakelaw said...

Hee, hee - that's great that it got your teens eating beans. Love the poetry too ;)

Amanda said...

I have the book but haven't joined the group. These sound amazing, so I will definitely try them, thank you!

Anonymous said...

That's great that your teens loved the green beans. I may have to try an experiment on some of my younger veggie-hating family members!

Candy said...

How do you manage with 3 teens?! My one is more than I can handle!

Seriously, I'm glad your family enjoyed these.

Elaine said...

This recipe sure made me gobble up my beans. I'm so glad your kids enjoyed it also!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I want to make a recipe extra tasty and irresistible, I add bacon. Now I am a pancetta fan too. I love how this recipe was a success with picky eaters :)

Unknown said...

I loved your post. I also used bacon and was very happy with the results. Healthy with just a little bit of guilt. The perfect combo :)
You have a really cute blog design too.

Anonymous said...

Love the steam shot - I never manage those. Smart substitution, too!

Eliana said...

Any recipe that gets three teens eating green veggies is a winner in my book.