Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

{TWD} Great Grain Muffins with Chocolate chips

                 My girl is turning 18 in 16 more days!!! Oh My Goodness...what happened to my baby girl....
   Tell me is it really all ready February? I can't believe it!! What a special month this is..I love Valentines day(candy) and my oldest daughters 18th(18..did I just say that...)Birthday is on the 16th! Im to young to have an 18 year old..ha ha!!!:)))
    Thank you Christine of Happy tummy for your selection of Great Grains Muffins. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe and some wonderful pictures!
http://www.happytummyblog.com/


I love muffins! I don't eat them a lot because of the high calorie content, but I love them!


 Here is what I did to the recipe. I left out the cornmeal and added ground flax seed. I didn't add any fruit but of course I used Milk Chocolate chips!
I did half with the Chocolate chips and half with out. Guess which ones we liked the best?!



Without the chocolate chips they tasted good but the plain ones needed more sugar! I guess I have a sweet tooth!

 I baked them for 15 minutes and they came out looking good!!






I got kinda camera happy !!I hope you all enjoyed this recipe as much as we did. I will make them again and add more sugar and some nuts!      


31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I like your flax seed addition. Healthy!

Cakelaw said...

Love your photos! The chocolate chip sounds like a great addition. Happy 18th to your daughter.

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

I'm sure you know I love muffins TOO!

Mary said...

I've never baked with flax seed, but it sounds like a good addition. I loved these muffins--the blueberries I used added just enough sweetness for me. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Jessica said...

I bet the chocolate chips were fantastic in these muffins! Happy almost birthday to your daughter . . . what a fun month ahead of you!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. Just wait until you have married kids. Then, they are really grown up.

These muffins are grown up, as well, a nice change from all the sweeter baked goods.

Pamela said...

Gotta love a chunk of chocolate in a muffin! They look great. And happy birthday to your little girl!!

Cristine said...

I bet they were great with chocolate... I added some cinnamon chips!

And, yes, you are too young to have an 18 year old! :) Or at least you look too young! Happy early birthday to your daughter.... I can't even imagine that. I want mine to stay 5 forever!!!!

Anonymous said...

You added flax seeds too! Weren't they great? And choco chips? Can't beat that. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Happy birthday to your daughter! Time flies, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

How exciting, mine is only 2 1/2 and I can't imagine her turing 18. Lovely baking too.

spike. said...

the muffins look great (esp. with chocolate chips!). happy birthday to your daughter!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter...you are WAY too young looking to have a teenager!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Woooaaa ,u have a daughter ???That to 18?Cool ,super cool!
And lovely daughter too!
Ur muffins look lovely , wish i could grab a few now:-)
Happy Birthday with lodsa love to ur baby Gurl (my mommy calls me that too:-))) )

Amber Marie said...

These look great! Happy birthday to your daughter! 18 is such a special birthday! Will we see a b-day cake on here soon? :)

miss kate said...

They look great--and what a fun month ahead for you!

Anonymous said...

When is adding chocolate ever a bad idea?

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Mmmm, love them with chocolate chips! I'll have to try that next time! :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday month to your daughter! My birthday is this month too, I wish I was turning 18 too :) I loved these muffins, especially since I added chocolate chips to mine just like you!

Cindy said...

I think chocolate chips are a great addition to anything! They look wonderful.

Hindy said...

I was going to try flax and now I will next time. Love your photos!

Tia said...

wow - she'll be all grown up! love that pic of her. happy bday to the princess :) Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Katrina said...

Your muffins looks great. Providing yours are chocolate chips and not fruit, they look just like Dorie's pictures.
You don't look much over 18 yourself!

Kayte said...

Chocolate chips...oh no!! lol These were so great, we loved them and I have made them again. Next time I am going to put apricots and almonds in them. Yours look great, despite that chocolate thing. lol

Jaime said...

oh I definitely think they could have used more sugar - just saying they did not turn out awful w/o it. I think b/c it called for so little...plus there's the maple syrup and dried fruit. I can't imagine a choc. cake w/o sugar!! hahaha.

happy birthday to your "little" girl :)

great job w/the muffins

Kathy said...

Your beautiful daughter shares a birthday with my daughter and the years go by very fast, so enjoy every minute. The muffins look great. I really enjoy your blog, that is why I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award via my blog. Great Job!

Joy said...

Subbing flax for the cornmeal is a fantastic idea! I wasn't a huge fan of the grittiness of the cornmeal. I'll have to try again with the flax sub.

Happy Birthday to your daughter! You have lots of celebrations - how fun!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

mmm I bet these would be fantastic with chocolate chips. I love that you got camera happy! :)

Leslie said...

These do look great, and with chocolate they're a definite hit. If my muffins looked that great, I would have gotten camera happy, too! Happy 18th to your "little" girl!

Anne said...

Your changes sound great and I love the chocolate chips, yum!

Unknown said...

Ground flax seed - great idea! I always have a bag in the fridge but I'd never thought to bake with it. The muffins looks great - and happy (belated) birthday to your daughter!

Eliana said...

Love teh idea of adding chocolate chips to these. They look wonderful.