Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Prime Rib

I have cooked Prime rib three times now. Every time brings a new  and interesting experience. The first time I cooked Prime rib, it was over cooked. I had around 25 guests over for dinner. It was quite embarrassing but everyone was very gracious and understanding. The second time I made PR it turned out pretty good. It wasn't perfect though.  This time  I thought it turned out perfect. I cooked it on low at 170*  for 5 hours and then the last 2 hours I cooked it at 375*. The internal temperature was 140*. It came out Medium rare and was very good.
They say not to salt your prime rib for this will dry it out.


 I made a homemade horseradish dip with sour cream.
1/4 cup horseradish
2 cups sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice.







We had a fun Birthday party the cake was good and the company even better!!


My girlfriend made two cakes for the party. German chocolate and Zucchini chocolate. They were so good!!




7 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

It looks perfect! My husband would like if I made prime rib every week...but I usually just save it for Christmas...

Unknown said...

Yum, that looks amazing! I've never made prime rib, but my husband would be a huge fan if I did.

Shelby said...

I totally agree, that prime rib looks PERFECT! Looks like hubby had a great party!

Michelle said...

The prime rib and the cake look wonderful. I love prime rib, but have never made it.

Angela said...

The prime rib looks perfect! I am very intruiged by zucchini chocolate cake.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

It looks so savory! I've never tried to make a prime rib, so I tip my oven mitts to you! Looks like ya'll had a fabulous time celebrating. Love German Chocolate cake.

Every Day Blessings said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I don't think I have ever made prime rib but I can tell you my husband would like it if I did! Looks like yours had a fun birthday! I made Dusty a t-bone steak for his birthday and he loved it as well.