Happy FFWD everyone! I was excited to make this Potato tortilla. It's been cold here just like most of the U.S. This was a nice hearty dish for a cold winters day.
It's so nice to make something with only a few ingredients. Eggs, onion and taters! I love me some taters...xoxoxo!!!
I was a little nervous cooking this in my Dutch oven. I do not own a Cast iron skillet and I wasn't crazy about wrapping the plastic handle on my non stick pan.
It slid right on out of the iron to the china!
The sunshine was dancing on my counter so I hurried and snapped this photo! Do not let the sun fool you it's been a balmy minus 10 here today!
Can we say DELICIOUS!! My kids loved it..Steven loved it, he ate his slice warm. I ate a slice cold and it was soooo yummy!!! I will definetly make this again.
I look fwd to seeing what all you fantastic cooks come up with!
31 comments:
I'll definitely have to try it with potatoes now! Yours turned out looking so good!
Your tortilla is PERFECT!!! My family (well, the egg eaters) loved it, too!
It looks perfect. I love how you were able to capture the steam in your photos.
Beautiful--I love your cookbook holder too! Great light in your photos!
This looks absolutely yummy! Makes me wish I were there instead of down south. Pictures sure make me so much more hungry.
I can not believe how cold it is your way. I hope that wonderful meal you made warmed you up. Love the dutch oven! B:)
Yours looks wonderful!
Very nice! Glad you didn't have to deal with the "stuck on" issue. Can it please get warmer??? I would be so happy with 30.
This really looks fabulous and you completed the challenge with flying colors. I'm new here but I've been poking through your earlier posts and can happily tell you I'll be back. I love the food and recipes you feature here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
I couldn agree more , its so good for a cold day but we barely have cold days , jus that nip ,but no cold cold:-(
Before i go ahead , i loveeeee ur book stand :-)
I use a plate stand sometimes that never fits:-)
I loveee them taterssss too:-)
And thats cool , cooking in ur dutch oven , mine is too big to try and nope not the cast iron one , have yet to use my cast iron one , u dont want to guess the color and shape:-)lol!
That handle is cute:-)
and it slid very well i say!
Ha ha , i love that sunshine dancing on ur counter!
Sunshine day to ya with love:-)
I'm so glad to hear you like it! I've been debating about making this but don't have an oven proof pan, so I'll have to do the tin foil thing:-)
It's awesome that it worked so well in your dutch oven!
Looks delicious! Glad everyone liked it!
At least you have sunshine to go with your cold. Nothing worse than a cold and gloomy day!
I love your ingenuity, using the Dutch oven. Looks like it worked perfectly. I really want it to get warmer and for some snow to melt!
Wow! I'm amazed at how perfect it turned out by using the dutch oven! I'd be afraid to use mine, too, but yours looks beautiful! :) Stay warm!
OOoh, that looks really tasty! Perfect for a cold winter day.
We also loved this dish and ate it right out of the oven. Your photos are lovely and your tortilla looks great! Glad you enjoyed it!
Very delicious looking and nice photos! I think it looks just right! Hope you are keeping warm!
Great step-by-step photos. I have a cast iron pot just like yours that I cook bread in. Your tortilla looks delicious!
Such a pretty post. Love that you used your cast iron dutch oven to make this and that it slid right out! Your have a really pretty blog too. I'm glad your entire family loved this dish. Mine too :)
That's cool you made it in a Dutch oven and it didn't stick! Mine nearly (but not quite) stuck in the middle of my cast iron skillet. Whew!
Who doesn't love them some taters? Yours looks beautiful! And that sunshine! Stay warm, though.
Yum! Glad you guys enjoyed this one so much!
Hi Michelle, hope you are keeping warm. Your tortilla looks great - this one surprised me at how good it was. I used a Dutch oven too for the same reason - two great minds,yeah?
YUM! That looks so good! BTW, I love the new look on your blog.
Looks great! So glad it came out of your pan! To answer your question from my blog, I own two Dream Dinners stores. :)
Looks good and I'm glad your family enjoyed it!
Yours turned out great!! Were you using a cast-iron pot or a regular non-stick? It worked beautifully!
love your cookbook holder. where did you find such a find? mine is just a cheap, clear plastic one and it's not wide enough to hold my FFWD book. it also falls over....
Hmmm - it turned out awesome and looks super super delish. And I heart your cookbook holder.
Post a Comment