Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

{FFWD} Ribs in Beef sauce

I'm not a big beef lover.




Steven is the meat and Potato person around here.
We don't eat beef ribs ever.
Steven can make some mean pork ribs. When we have ribs we get pork.




I was actually excited to make these ribs.
 My daughter and I went to the store to buy short ribs...they didn't have any.
 The butcher told me he could have them ready in the morning. I was making them for dinner that night so we got regular long ribs instead.






All the veges I cut up..just to throw away..what a bummer. I left them out ..one of my three teens ate them.


I ate about 4 bites of my rib. The meat was tender and fell right off the bone. It tasted pretty good. My kids loved them..have not heard from my husband yet. He will eat them later tonight after his meeting.

Steven said these are the best Beef ribs he's ever had! Im glad my family enjoyed them!

28 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

For a non-beef eater, you are a good sport!!! Glad your kids liked these...my hubby thought they were fabulous. Happy Friday :)

Anonymous said...

I, too, was slightly bummed about throwing out the veggies. Next time, I'll try to come up with a way to serve them. Great post!

Elaine said...

I love the color of yours - they look great! I also thought it was such a waste to discard the veggies, but they didn't look very good though after cooking in the wine and port for so long. Glad your family enjoyed them!

Unknown said...

I really hope he enjoyed them after all that effort! He's lucky you made them for him - especially since you're not a beef fan.

Unknown said...

I'm not a big beef eater either but thought these were good. The gremolata lightened the beefiness a bit I thought. Yours look good.

Unknown said...

I'm not a big beef eater either but thought these were good. The gremolata lightened the beefiness a bit I thought. Yours look good.

Candy said...

Glad you enjoyed these! We loved them too.

Unknown said...

looks so nice to me, yum

Eliana said...

Score for Steven! They certainly look delicious. Nothng beats meat falling off the bone.

Unknown said...

I adore fall-off-the-bone ribs of any length!! How nice of you to make them for your family. I made short ribs a month or two ago and swore (even though I love them) it would be a long time before I got up the energy to make them again.

Cristine said...

Looks yummy, Michelle! We are pork rib eaters, too. Nathan will smoke them outside for about 5 hours. SO GOOD! Glad you and your family enjoyed them!

franklyentertaining said...

I can't believe you went to all the work and only ate a few bites! I'm glad your family enjoyed them!

Kathy said...

I actually loved these even though I'm not a big beef eater. I hated throwing the veggies away, so I pushed some through the sieve into the gravy! Glad your family enjoyed them. Very good pictures!

Adriana said...

Anthony Bourdain once said: "When has a slightly overcooked carrot ever ruined a meal"? I'm glad your kids enjoyed them!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for giving them a try even though you aren't a big beef eater. I'm glad you and your family liked them!

Cher Rockwell said...

Glad everyone liked them. I saw that one FFwD'er used an immersion blender to make the veggies part of the sauce... Clever thinking!
I am not a very big beef eater either - so was more than happy to let the peeps eat all they wanted!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

Ribs are ribs. They are all good, long or short. I'm in! Yum!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Glad these turned out so well even though you are not a big meat eater. :) They look great!

Mary said...

I love the feeling when you make something new and your family loves it! Nice post.

Anonymous said...

One of the nice things about FFwD is that it pushes you to make things you might not otherwise. Sounds like your ribs were a great success.

tricia s. said...

Loved that your teen ate the veggies ! We really enjoyed this dish when Nana and I prepared it for the whole family, although we came to the table as beef lovers. Another winner FF !

Anonymous said...

They look like they worked out really well. Glad they were such a hit with your family. I'm not much for fatty cuts of meat, myself, but I enjoyed these.

I was sad to discard the vegetables, but next time I think I'll follow Prof Who Cooks' method. She used her immersion blender to puree them into the sauce. I think that sounds fantastic!

Cakelaw said...

I'm glad your family enjoyed them too! The sauce was superb. I am glad a teen ate the veges - I threw mine out, which seemed like a waste to me.

Tasty Trix said...

It's good someone in your family enjoyed them! Maybe just stick to pork for your own pleasure!

Ronda Kisner said...

The veggies get a bit too soggy for my liking, but I understand not wanting to toss them out. I am glad that you enjoyed them!

Shandy said...

What a lot of work for you since you are not a beef eater but you did a beautiful job. Short ribs can be hard to find and I lucked out here. Glad your hubby loved them so much; totally makes the effort worth while, doesn't it?

Kris' Kitchen said...

Great photos! I immersion blended my veges into the sauce and I read where someone else did too. I could never throw away the veges...but OK at your house...your kids ate them...good job. (And I used pork ribs...my men like them better so I change things sometimes to please the family.)

Angela said...

Good to know this recipe will work with standard beef ribs too. One of the things I'm enjoying about FFwD is learning from others experiences with these recipes. Regarding the vegies, do you have a food mill? If you run the vegies through it you'll get just about all their goodness in your sauce. Also, since the vegetables have cooked so long in the broth all their vitamins are in the liquid.