Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

{FFWD} Savory cheese and chive bread

Yeah it's time for FFWD!!! This bread was fantastic! Thank you
for your selection! This recipe can be found on page 34 in Dorie's cookbook Around My French Table.

oops... I wrote TWD in my picture instead of FFWD...:)) I get them mixed up sometimes!


Since winter insists on staying around I am happy when I get to fire the oven up to bake...especially bread!



This bread was simple to put together. I made mine with Cheddar cheese, toasted walnuts and Italian seasoning(has marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil in it). I thought the white pepper really added a punch of flavor! 



We all loved this bread! It's one of the best savory breads I've ever had! I will make this one again!

My homemade spaghetti sauce simmered in the crock pot all day. I made the bread while it was cooking. We ate it fresh and warm from the oven. It was delicious with the spaghetti!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your herb inclusions sound delightful! And, how much do I love your spaghetti "sandwich"? Yum!

Elaine said...

I bet it was so good with the Italian seasoning herbs! Your loaf looks beautiful and I bet it was delicious with spaghetti. Mmm...I would love some of that even at this time of the morning.

Anonymous said...

Your photo made my mouth water.

spike. said...

The bread sounds great. I want to try the recipe but I have too much bread in the house right now- too many carbs!

Mary said...

I love the picture where the bread is safely tucked away for later. I will try it with walnuts next time. We loved this too.

Candy said...

Glad you guys enjoyed this one so much. Your bread looks great and what a great idea to use Italian seasoning.

Unknown said...

I just love your spaghetti sandwich. I'd never heard of that before. Your pictures are beautiful

Unknown said...

wow, what a superb bread. It looks like I need a whole laf to myself

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I love your photo with the bread and spaghetti sauce! Looks so delicious!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Your bread looks just like the bread in Dorie's photo...great job! Good idea on the herbs.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Very nice! I bet it was excellent with the spaghetti! :)

Cakelaw said...

I like your Italian spiced version. It is really cold in Melbourne this morning, so right now, I fancy that slice down the bottom of your post with the savory mince on top - it looks hearty and warming.

Anonymous said...

I like your herb choice - especially with that spaghetti sauce sandwich! That sounds wonderful.

Adriana said...

I love the rustic feel of your loaf. What a natural pairing with the spaghetti! This was definitely a good week for FFwD.

Cher Rockwell said...

Ah, what a perfect mid-winter meal! I loved how simple this week's recipe was.

Anonymous said...

Your Italian herb assortment sounds perfect to go with spaghetti. Yum!

Unknown said...

Italian herbs are a great idea!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Hiiii , how have u been Michelle.
I agree , this sure is one of the best sav loafs and u have done so beautiful here.

tricia s. said...

Great post - it makes me think of a phrase I saw on another post here ..."carbicide" :) Nana and I were delighted at how easy this week was - always a nice surprise :)

Eliana said...

Hmmm - your bread look like it turned out amazing! And love that you enjoyed it with spaghetti. Next time I make it, I will do the same.

Anonymous said...

Yours looks wonderful! Nice idea to use the Italian spices. I love how versatile this recipe is.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! It's so warm and welcoming. Your bread looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I served mine with pasta too. I called it carbicide! This recipe is definitely a keeper :)

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Hi Michelle! I'm glad this bread was a hit. I loved it too. It looks like a great accompaniment to your spaghetti sauce (which also looks amazing).

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Wow! That sounds (and looks!) incredibly delicious!!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xx
Delightful Bitefuls

Katie Mar said...

yummmm!!!! i've never made savory bread before, but i'm supposed to make bread for a dinner this weekend and i'm pretty sure this is what i'm making
thanks for the recipe! :)