Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TWD Vanilla Fluff Filled Madelines

Thanks Margo of Effort to Deliciousness for choosing the Madeline's for this weeks TWD recipe!! Please be sure to check out her blog for the recipe!
http://efforttodeliciousness.blogspot.com/

I am so thankful for our P & Q section! I do not own the necessary pan for this recipe but I really wanted to participate and make these yummy sounding cookies(mine look like muffins)! 
Anyways from the advice I read, I chose to use a regular size cupcake tin. It worked...I guess...I have never made Madeline's before.


 They look like mini muffins....

I don't own any frosting gadgets so I just cut in half with a knife, frosted the marshmallow in the middle and dunked the entire spongy muffin in WHITE chocolate.  I chose to stay on the white(White chocolate..yum)!! side of flavor, I used Powdered sugar in place of the cocoa.

We really liked the taste of these. They are sweet, crispy on the edges and soft and spongy in the center! Oh and they are the perfect size to pop the entire thing in your mouth! Thanks again for hosting this week Margo!

19 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

Wow! They look like the delcious snack cakes that I was never allowed to have in my lunch box. :D
Great way to improvise!

chocolatechic said...

Oh...I'm really kicking myself for not making the vanilla version.

Yours look like they taste heavenly.

Kayte said...

These are so cute!! Vanilla version is soooooo much better!

Leslie said...

What a fun spin on this recipe! I'm horrible with a piping bag so it was just too tempting to skip the filling.

Jessica said...

I love your variation! Vanilla sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I adore white chocolate, so I like how you went with a white chocolate and powdered sugar variation! Great post!

Cristine said...

Love the vanilla variation!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Great twist! :)

Unknown said...

Ok, with all these posts I think I must make these now!

Katrina said...

Yum! Madeleines or your own made up treat--either way, they look de-lish! Love how much fluff you put in the middle!

Jodie said...

Ooh, white chocolate! I love your vanilla version!

Unknown said...

I wish I'd thought to try a vanilla version - I'll definitely make those next time, thanks for the idea :)

Amber Marie said...

These are so cute!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

What a great idea to use a muffin pan!! Mm I think I would love your version of theses!

Cakelaw said...

White chocolate is a great idea- I think these look utterly delectable.

Caroline said...

Delicious! Loving that you used white chocolate!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

way to make these your own! i bet they were good!

margot said...

Wow, your version looks absolutely scrumptious! I love the idea of a white chocolate dip. You were much better off cutting them in half, I could not not get as much filling in as I would have liked with a piping bag.

Thanks for baking with me this week!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Oh yum, these look so good! I love your version. I would take vanilla cake over chocolate cake any day, but I have to admit that even I loved the chocolate ones, I think this was a great recipe any way you bake it. Will have to try your vanilla version and dip them in white chocolate.