Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Potato Chip Cookies

I was going through my old recipe box, you know the one with the tabs and all the cute little cards from different people. I cherish these old recipes and will hold on to them forever! I have updated to the times by putting my recipes online, but I do love my cookbooks and recipe cards!!

I found this recipe yesterday. It's funny how things work out sometimes. Steven and I were reminiscing about my Grandparents. They have both since passed away. One particular, trip while vising their home in California, my grandma made these cookies for us!  The other night Steven mentioned the potato chip cookies. He said something like..Remember those cookies your Grandma made for us? Well ...they were sure good!
I was jacked that I found the recipe and Steven was glad to eat them!


These are sooo easy and delicious..Enjoy!

Potato Chip Cookies
1 cube butter(softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup crushed potato chips( I used plain Lays brand)
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
Add flour and chips.
Mix well.
Drop onto ungreased cookies sheets in Small amounts. Bake at 350* for 12 min.
This recipe made 12 cookies for me.
Let me know what you think! My family really enjoyed them!!

12 comments:

Evelyn said...

These look and sound delicious! Thank you TONS for sharing; I can't wait to try them.

Unknown said...

I bet they are delicious

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! I'm going to try them this weekend...

Fanny said...

The time to translate the recipe into French and I test

Tessa said...

Interesting cookies. They sound like they would get that sweet-salty combo right on. I love the handwritten cards too! I have a small batch that were given to me at one of my bridal showers. Some of the best recipes come off of those cards.

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Hi Michelle. I'm so glad you posted this! I have a potato chip cookie I cut out from a newspaper forever ago but haven't tried yet. I have always been curious how they taste..since you have endorsed them I think I must give them a try! :)

doughmesstic said...

Wow...those sound fantastic! I love finding unusual things to put into cookies...I think you have inspired me!
I really think it's awesome that you have recipes that have been passed down to you. It's a really wonderful thing to be able to share...I wish I had some from my own grandmother. Keep up the great posts!

Cakelaw said...

These look and sound fab. I treasure hand-written recipes from Mum - they have a very loved feel about them.

Chef Bee said...

I haven't tried this recipe in years. It was a favorite of my family years ago and also the only sweet treat my mother could make successfully. Thanks for sharing.

Plan B

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Michelle, these look so good! I've never had potato chip cookies but vaguely remember a cookbook my mom had called "Potato Chip Cookies and Tomato Soup Cake -- Americana Recipes" or something like that, and that recipe always intrigued me :) I will have to give your grandma's recipe a try, the salty sweet combo sounds yummy!

Amber Marie said...

Oh wow, these sound great! I love salty/sweet combos. Potato chips are always good eaten with birthday cake!

Katie said...

I've heard of potato chip cookies, but never actually tried them. I'm intrigued!