Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TWD Midnight Crackels

 It's January 4 – Laurie of Slush and Jules of Someone’s In the Kitchen chose Midnight Crackels!!!
It's a special week around the TWD group. We are celebrating our 3 year anniversary! It's been fun and what a great way to celebrate with these yummy cookies!!!


Thank you ladies for all of your hard work you put in to Tuesdays with Dorie and for the selection of a great recipe!







I love what these beautiful shiny balls of dough become....


With all the holiday goodies I chose to cut the recipe in half. After reading the P and Qs I went with NO dough chillin time. I made it rolled it and here is the outcome!

 We were very happy with the taste. Not overwhelmingly sweet, just a subtle chocolate flavor!

24 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Lovely cookies.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Yummy good.

Anonymous said...

They look perfect! So glad you are still baking along with us! MUAH

Anonymous said...

Interesting that the cookies would only have a subtle chocolate flavor, because they look extremely chocolate-y! Great post!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

I've decided not to chill the dough next time I make these - my hands still hurt! :) Your cookies look fabulous!

Jessica said...

Very pretty cookies! I made a half recipe too, which was plenty! I'm glad you liked them!

Cristine said...

Your crackles look great!

Pamela said...

Dang! I wish I'd read the P & Q. I would've skipped the chilling, too. They look terrific.

Tia said...

a plate of deliciousness! great job and happy 2011 :)

Jules Someone said...

Good to know they didn't need the chill time. Thanks for baking with us!

spike. said...

I think I learned my lesson in baking these early- much better to wait and reading the p&q. Yours look great

Leslie said...

These look fantastic! I definitely agree that the chilling time is optional, and less of it is better.

Amber Marie said...

Next time I won't chill them, and I'm sure my hands will thank me! These look great!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Happy New Year Michelle! Sorry I haven't been around, we were just so busy, I didn't blog for a while, then felt out of the loop and kind of unmotivated to blog since I'd been missing so much. I've really missed visiting your site and seeing all of your delicious goodies. I hope you and your sweet family had a wonderful holiday :)

Your Midnight Crackles look great, I didn't do the chill time either, mine just didn't need it at all. See you later!

Anonymous said...

They look great! Happy New Year!

Katrina said...

I debated the chilling and wondered why it was necessary, glad to know it doesn't change the results. BUT, the chilled cookie dough was de-lish!

TeaLady said...

Look good. I would up the cinnamon next time. But good chocolate cookies.

TeaLady said...

BTW love the flour sack header on the blog. Great idea.

margot said...

It looks like no chilling is the way to go, your cookies look terrific! These were a perfect treat for TWD anniversary.

Kayte said...

Happy Anniversary to all of us! Fun, isn't it...there are 53 recipes to go, so we should finish about this time next year. Your cookies look great with their little crackled tops!

Cakelaw said...

They look great Michelle! I didn't chill either - more due to lack of time than anything else.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy to have "met" you through our baking groups :) Your cookies look terrific! My husband gobbled ours up in about 2 days, so they were definitely a hit here.

Anonymous said...

What perfect crackles! I agree - these could have been halved - there were so many of them... too many! Glad you enjoyed - they look wonderful!


** Can you enable the "NAME/URL" feature in the Comments section - under the "SETTINGS" on the dashboard? Thanks!

Mike
TWD blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Shandy said...

Your cookies look perfect. I made these too but could not find the time to blog about them. Maybe I can combine with this week's TWD =0). Hope you had a great holiday season and talk to you soon, Shandy