I's FFWD time! This is the first recipe out of Dorie's book I have not liked. I wanted to like this one so badly. The picture looked amazing and I had it in my mind it would be good!
I rather enjoyed the process of making this. It's pretty easy to put together.
This is a shot before I baked it. I thought the Filo dough was working with me!
Here it is after I baked it... It got a nice golden brown crispy crust.
I sliced and served. It did not come out looking like the picture. The bottom was soggy and the egg, honey, cinnmon and chicken flavor was nasty. One of my three kids said it wasn't to bad, the other two ate a couple of bites, My husband was out of town and I could not eat more then a bite.:)
13 comments:
Aww, am so sorry u didn like it babe:-((
I cut the egg to 1 , coz i had none , and didn add muc honey either , actually i dont know coz i didn measure it really!
But ur filo pastry looks soo muc better than mine , mine was so broken every where in places:-)
Out here it was less for us :-)
But ur pics look fine u know!
This is my first time with Filo well i was quite happy with the crunchy results:-))
happy day babe!
Sorry that you didn't like this one! It took some getting used to for me and my sister. Upside though is that your phyllo dough worked for you!
I was going to make this until I read all the ingredients... sounds odd and your post proves it ;)
So sorry to hear you didn't like this one. This was my favorite one this month. I sure looks good anyway.
Your crust looks nice and flaky! Hubby and I both liked this one, but I had trouble with the filo. So sorry it wasn't your favorite!
Sorry you didn't like it! I had my doubts, too, and I think it would have been more palatable with less filling and more filo crunch.
Obviously this was not a flavor combination for your family...that happens sometimes here as well. I still like trying new things as one never knows when one will get a wonderful surprise. Sorry it wasn't this week...fun to make though, right? Yours looks good, too!
I wish you would have enjoyed this one as much as we did. Yours looks like it tasted yummy. I always enjoy your posts. B:)
I'm sorry you didn't like it. I agree with the others - your phyllo looks great. I had such a time with mine.
Sorry that it didn't work out for you - I can see where this would be a take it or leave it dish for many people.
At least it photographed well!
Bummer that you didn't like this! It was pretty easy to put together but took forever!
Sorry you didn't enjoy the results. Hope you still had fun in the kitchen. Maybe the next one will be a hit.
Sorry this was not a win for you. We loved this recipe which was a surprise as the ingredients were quite unusual for us. We also loved the leftovers...seemed to get better with age. Well, good job for trying new things...not everything is a keeper all the time.
Post a Comment