I really really love scones, There is something about them that makes me really happy! I love this recipe! The cinnamon chips just add some extra yummy goodness to these awesome scones!
Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 stick butter
1/3 cup cream
2 eggs
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
sugar and cinnamon for topping
How to make it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix together the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
Cut up butter into chunks.
Mix butter into the flour mixture until blended. You should have pea size chunks of butter.
Beat the eggs and cream lighlty together
Add to the dry ingredients. Mix.
Add the cinnamon chips and oatmeal. Mix.
Put dough into circle, roll out.
Cut into triangles, number depends on size of triangles. I made eight.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Put on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cook for 15-20 min. or until slightly brown.
Enjoy!
A winter storm is expected tonight. Im going to curl up with a good book, tea and a scone!
Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 stick butter
1/3 cup cream
2 eggs
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
sugar and cinnamon for topping
How to make it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix together the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
Cut up butter into chunks.
Mix butter into the flour mixture until blended. You should have pea size chunks of butter.
Beat the eggs and cream lighlty together
Add to the dry ingredients. Mix.
Add the cinnamon chips and oatmeal. Mix.
Put dough into circle, roll out.
Cut into triangles, number depends on size of triangles. I made eight.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Put on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cook for 15-20 min. or until slightly brown.
Enjoy!

4 comments:
I wish it were winter here..This scone looks delish.
hmm. I think I have some cinnamon chips...this might have to be the next scone I make!
Michelle - I just wanted you to know that I threw a "Stylish Blogger" award your way over on my blog. Participate as much or as little as you wish, but I wanted to let you know I enjoy your posts
These look delicious!! I'd love one with my morning coffee.
Post a Comment