It's time for TWD and Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort chose Nutty, Chocolate, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake on page 182.
Get the recipe here:
Thank you Jennifer for this weeks yummy selection, you rock!
I have a recipe from my Grandma similar to this cake but not with chocolate. I cut the recipe in half, used milk chocolate and left the orange out.
You know how food can bring a memory up and make you all happy inside! Well this cake does it for me. My Grandma and my mom made it for us growing up! I loved it when my mom made it for us kids. She usually made it on the weekend. I remember waking up to this glorious smell! I have made this cake about a dozen times for my kids!!
I like this cake and I'm pleased with the way it turned out! It tastes super yummy!!
The flip over didn't go so well but it still tasted yummy!
We woke up to a bunch of snow this morning! We had to dig are way out of the driveway!
31 comments:
Looks yummy! I think the flip got the best of a lot of bakers this week! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...mine's in the oven right now.
I had two parts that didn't come out of the pan...I had to pry them out!
Your cake looks lovely-and thank you for baking along with me.:)
It looks great Michelle. It flipped out of the pan OK.
Looks delicious! Good idea to cut the recipe in half!
I got lucky getting it out of the pan. And actually, while I wasn't sure about the orange zest, I really enjoyed the flavors together. Yum!
I was skeptical about the orange too, but it worked! I just couldn't figure out how to cover the swirl with the batter :) In any event, it was tasty!
oh the dreaded "flip". i opted the springform pan route :)
The first time I made this, some of the cake stuck in the pan. Since then, I am super liberal when buttering the pan and it works fine. (More butter is often the answer!)
Your bundt turned out nicely! And, any pieces that didn't come out properly are prime for "sampling"!
I loved this cake too--and no dark chocolate for my cake either!
your cake looks great!!! OMG, look at all that snow! WOW!
How sweet that this cake brought back memories for you - it looks great, despite the breakage (it happened to me, too).
I always think, maybe the best part about bundts is that they should indeed not look too perfect! So, little breaks and stuck pieces do not matter at all!
It looks lovely - I cut mine in half, too (less to tempt me!).
That's a perfect breakfast for a snowy morning! I really can't tell that you had a tough time flipping it out. I think it looks delicious!
Wow, that's a lot of snow to wake up to in the morning! Of course, if this cake is also in the equation, it makes it a whole lot better. It looks very tasty, even the part that fell apart looks delicious.
Oh wow - the snow, the snow! I love your photos in the pan. Glad you enjoyed this one. I just love a bundt cake.
It does look yummy! The powdered sugar, mmmm.... It sounds like your grandma and mom were great bakers, too!
Your pan is beautiful, too, is it stoneware?
I think we have all had the problem with the flip!
Well if it snowed at least you had a bundt cake to eat after all that shoveling!
i love your bundt pan! and that's a lot of snow...
I love when treats are nostalgic. So happy for you. I loved this cake, it was a real winner.
This cake did not want to get out of the pan, did it? It was super-yummy, though, so that's what's important. That's great that you've carried your grandmother's recipes on to your children.
looks great! delicious wasn't it? :) look at all that snow!!!
our cakes look alike! oh well, the taste was great though
Vegetable soup cooking reminds me of my grandma. I always have something cooking when my out of town children visit. So good to come home to something yummy cooking. This was a delicious recipe. Have a great day.
Glad you made the cake! It's good stuff. I have to make myself forget that there is still some on the counter! We barely got an inch of snow down here and it melted that day.
My grandmother was a great bundt baker too. I love that pan of yours.
Your cake is beautiful, Michelle! I think I added too much orange, so it was the dominant flavor. Next time I'll make it the way you did.
Great looking cake...next time I will have to try the milk chocolate too! :)
Thanks for the tip about your pan! It's the prettiest pan I've seen. I'll have to check out the aisles of our Walmart here... :)
Your snow looks like my snow, lots of it.
Your cake looks fine. The top middle of mine stuck to the pan when I flipped it. I put a little glaze, only in that spot.
Post a Comment