Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

FFWD Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux


It's another great French Friday With Dorie. If you have yet to buy Dorie Greenspan's cookbook Around my French Table, hurry and do so. I have made the best recipes from it. 
 My family loves roast chicken. Ever since I got my Dutch Oven the chicken has cooked up so moist and tender.
The bread in the bottom of the pan was totally new to me. I didn't have any thick bread, so I just used everyday whole wheat bread. It came out super thin, but tasted so good. My kids ate it up and said it tasted good and crunchy like potato chips!

24 comments:

Kayte said...

We are big chicken fans around here so I am eager to try yet another new recipe for chicken. You make it sound and look just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I was also wondering how the recipe would work with sliced bread. I'm excited to make this recipe!

Vicki Bensinger said...

It looks like your crew enjoyed it as well. What a simple recipe with outstanding results. We took the roasted garlic and squeezed it out onto the soaked bread. WOW was that good!

Your dish looks great!

Beth said...

It's always great to have chicken recipes to turn to and this one looks great. Your post was great as usual. Looks like you all enjoyed it!..B

Anonymous said...

Interesting! That looks delish!

Eliana said...

Hmmm - this chicken looks amazing!!!! I just got my copy of the book a week ago and have tons of recipes flagged to make.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Can't wait to make this one!! :) Yours looks wonderful!

Steph said...

Oh, that chicken looks great and the thin, crispy bread...makes my heart go pitter patter!

Unknown said...

deslish, lovely lovely dinner for sure.

Cristine said...

I loved the chicken! Yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

I don't usually roast a whole chicken, but I'm looking forward to trying this one. I'm glad your family enjoyed it!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

This chicken is now going to be a regular around here but unfortunately the rest of my family knows about the bread so it will be hard to save it all for myself!
Trevor Sis. Boom.

Hindy said...

Thanks for photographing the bread. I was picturing a soggy mess. Your chicken looks delish!

Kathy said...

It has been so interesting seeing everyone's cooking expierences. You look like you did a great job!

Savoring Italy said...

I think I have to do this next week. Yours looks fantastic. Am curious about the bread part. ;) have a wonderful weekend Michelle.:)

Cakelaw said...

LOL - I am glad that have been prepared for that bread to look gross. I am convinced that I must eat it, regardless. This willl be my dinner tonight, if I ever get around to it.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Hey u know ,my bread at the bottom didn crisp up , it was soft but oh so good and with the liver mashed up and chives, super delish , i did put that under a top lit griller though!
Ur grilled chicken looks sooo so good!
Love it!
it was a big hit here too and will have to make it again this week too!
BDW, i broke in my new dutch oven too!
DId u add the wine?
I did!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

mmm glad the bread turned out so well. I wondered how that would work. Now I think I need a dutch oven! Looks delicious!

Serene @ MomFood said...

Yum! I'm hoping my dutch oven is big enough for the chicken. If not, it'll have to go in a different pan. But anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and glad you liked it.

Cher Rockwell said...

Thanks for showing the picture of the bread! It doesn't have to be pretty to be scrumptious, right? I have to admit I was mighty curious how that is going to turn out.

I love my dutch oven - somehow everything tastes better in it. It has become one of my favorite kitchen toys.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this one - it looks so good! We're big chicken fans and I know Dorie's recipe won't disappoint.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

You make this sound delicious. I can't wait to make it.

Rosemary & Garlic said...

We were fighting over the bread, I will make this one again

lola said...

Your chicken looks delicious. I am making it tomorrow for neighbors. Roast chicken is a favorite at our house. You mentioned on my blog you had made the PG flans. How did they turn out? I love cheese, but wonder if the blue cheese might be too strong for some folks.