Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TWD pear and Cherry torte!

So this by far is not my best looking dessert..but it tasted good!
Thank you to the Kitchen law for choosing this recipe. Be sure to check out her blog..

http://kitchenlaw.blogspot.com/ 

I have made so many pie crusts I couldn't begin to tell you how many. I knew I messed this one up just by the way it felt. I was at the point of No return ..so... I just made it work.  When I tried to fold it over ,It was crumbling and breaking all around me. My pear torte became a pear pie.
Sweet Steven has been after me to make a cherry pie. I thought what the heck I'll make that cherry pie filling he loves and throw it in this torte. Well the crust was giving me a hard time..but I made it work! I do not throw things away and start again..really?   Who has the time to do that!

So isn't this just pretty..ha ha..just joking...it looks like a big zit..eww just sayin!
OK so that was a pretty gross description. I thought I better throw in a picture of my beautiful daughter! She is 16 and full of love, determination, sassiness(just like her mom) stubborn as a mule but the most caring loving sweet kind will do anything for you person I know(just like her mom :))!!!


This is what I ate after a day of two intense soccer games and a 3 1/2 hour funeral. I was emotionally drained!

20 comments:

natalia said...

Ciao Michelle ! I think even as a pie the torte was great ! Super beautiful girl !

Shelby said...

your so cute! lol. I'm not the best pie crust maker myself! Your last plate of food though makes me want to reach in and eat it! I KNOW it had to taste good!

Hindy said...

I also wish there'd been a way to dress up the top of the finished pie - a glaze or something.
What's your cherry filling recipe?

chocolatechic said...

Oh. my. goodness...your daughter is so lovely!

Your torte/pie...while it isn't lovely, I am glad that it tasted good.

Mary said...

Some of the best tasting things aren't always the prettiest. I'd love to try your cherry pie someday, and your daughter is just gorgeous!
:)

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look fine to me! What's better than cherry filling and Dorie's pie crust?? :) And your daughter is beautiful, too!!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Since, I end up with several baked goods that don't look gorgeous, I go for the taste. If it tastes good, it is good.

Tia said...

cherries - looks wonderful!

Nichicakes said...

that had to taste way better than it looked, pie crust can be a pain in the butt!
your daughter is gorgeous too... way to distract us from the zit comment :P

Kayte said...

Anything with cherries has to be a hit, right? IT ALL looks great...cute photo, too.

Amber Marie said...

Haha, the proof is in the taste, not the looks! Glad you had a good dessert after the soccer games and funeral! Sugar is such a comfort.

Cakelaw said...

LOL - I think it looks much nicer than a zit - who can resist cherry pie! I am with you on the "I am not starting again thing" - I have that conversation almost every time I make pie dough, and I make it work. Thanks for baking along this week - I loved your post, it was fun.

Tammy said...

I bet that the pie tasted great with cream!

Valerie Gamine said...

I think your crust looks that bad! It is after all, Dorie's recipe. Even when it's not perfect, it still looks delicious. :~)

Anonymous said...

How funny - I almost used cherries (dried) but had a ton of cranberries to use up. It looks wonderful!! ! Especially for such a draining day such as yours!

** Could you enable the "NAME/URL" feature in the dashboard under "settings"? Thanks!

Mike
twd blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your had such problems with the crust, but it definitely happens. Good for you making it work! I bet it was delicious, especially with those cherries - yum :)

Rachel said...

I like your attitude FC! :) Go with it and I bet it tasted yummy!

Anonymous said...

I bet it tasted great even if it wasn't beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the crust but at least you liked the taste!

Eliana said...

I'm more concerned with how things taste than how they look. So as long as this tastes great, it's a definite winner in my book.