I'm so excited because this is my first French Friday! A big thank you to Dorie Greenspan the author and creator of the cookbook Around my french table!!
Dorie selected our first month of recipes. I was so thrilled with her selection!
I followed this recipe to a T! It was easy to make and came out tasting wonderfully!!!
My 12 year old son is really into the history of food. We all sat around the kitchen counter and read about Gerard. My son was thrilled to eat something with a story behind it. He announced to everyone that this tart is his favorite french food and he would be having a slice for breakfast!!
16 comments:
Your tart looks great!
I love that your son was won over by Gerard's story. Your tart looks delicious!
It looks wonderful! So glad you liked it! :)
Your son is so cute! I'm really excited about this new book- two recipes and they've both been wonderful
How sweet that your son loved the tart so much. I too was intrigued with the story - but I would expect nothing less from Dorie - everything she makes has a wonderful history to it.
hey there fellow TWDer :)
it looks delicious, great job! Tia @ Buttercreambarbie
I was laughing because your son is such a cute foodie! Your tart looks delicious. I followed the directions to a "T" too and now I want to re-bake it with tomatoes (already bought fresh ones). Welcome to the FFwD group Michelle!
You are definitely the mom of a little foodie. I can't wait to hear what he is eating when he is older!
Your tart looks beautiful - picture perfect!
Your tart looks delicious!
Glad you loved it, I liked it more than I thought I would. It looks great.
This looks delicious I will have to find this book and check it out
Beautiful tart! I like how the custard fills up to the brim (mine didn't). And it's so great that your son is inquisitive and loves to learn; having a little story behind the dishes we make or cakes & tarts we bake makes it all the more precious, don't you think?! Thanks for sharing!!
your son is so cute! We loved the tart as well
Gorgeous tart! And I love that your son is interested in the history of food, and in the stories behind different dishes. So cool!
How sophisticated of you. This looks amazing!
Post a Comment