Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

{TWD} Double Apple Bundt Cake

Fall is in the air here in Idaho! The farmers market is full of pumpkins and apples. I'm sure they have other stuff available but pumpkins and apples have to be my favorite fall treat! I love to get up on Saturday morning, hit the local coffee shop and walk to the Farmers market. I was able to get some nice crunchy apples this time!

This cake was perfect! I love apples and apple butter! It was moist and delicious! A perfect fall treat!!


I chose the lemon glaze. The flavor mixed well with the apples! Very very good!!!




I found these darling little bundt cake pans at a garage sale for 50 cents! I was so excited to use them! They work well but are hard to fill up.
This one didn't want to come out, but no worries we just ate it right out of the pan!



 I made six minis and a medium size bundt. I liked the minis the best!

Lynne of Honey Muffin chose Double Apple Bundt Cake on pages 184 and 185. Check out her blog for the recipe... http://honeymuffin.wordpress.com/
Thanks Lynne! Everyone here enjoyed the apple cake!!

30 comments:

Cristine said...

I had a hard time unmolding my minis, too. I just crumbled it into a dish and topped with whipped cream! :) Yay for pumpkin and apple season!!!

Cindy said...

I love the minis! So much easier to share. This was one delicious cake!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, the mini bundt cakes are adorable! They looks so good. I had a little trouble getting my cake from a regular sized bundt pan even after greasing and flouring well.

I want so much to taste it but won't be able to until Wednesday when I will be serving it. I wouldn't normally prepare a cake so far in advance but Dorie says it keeps well.

Pamela said...

Minis are always so much fun! Very cute. I was once again surprised by this wonderful recipe. So yummy.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I knew this recipe was good so this time, I made an entire cake and I am not at all sorry. THis is a great cake.

I could dig into yours, right now.

Judy said...

Cute little cakes! I bet they were delicious with lemon icing.

Cakelaw said...

I think the minis are cute - and just perfect for one. I loved this one too.

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cakes look great!

Kayte said...

I feel like it's fall now...such cute photos and your cakes look delicious. Okay, I'm ready for fall, bring it on!

Linda said...

I've been yearning for fall, and I totally agree with you - hooray for apples and pumpkins! I love you mini bundts, and love how you've decorated for the season. :)

Amber Marie said...

These look great - I love the minis and it's even better that you found them at such a bargain! I'm a sucker for good finds. :) Happy Fall!

Mary said...

I am so jealous you found bundt pans at a yard sale...great deal!

Beth said...

Adorable minis! I'm jealous of your yard sale score.

Anonymous said...

mini bundt cakes are really cute:) they look so delish! thank you for sharing.

Leslie said...

How cute are those little minis! This was delicious and I would have eaten the damaged one, too!

Valerie Gamine said...

Adorable, I just love your minis! Mine were fussy too, but they were delicious.

Shandy said...

What a fun find at a garage sale! Very Cute! I love all of your apple bundt cakes.

Anonymous said...

Love the minis...and I would have eaten that one right out of the pan too! Thanks for baking with me this week!

Tia said...

great find! garage sales often have lots of wonderful kitchen stuff, if you have the patience to sift through them.

Cathy said...

Beautiful mini cakes!! I'm with you - there is nothing better than fall. And these cakes make it all the better!

AmyRuth said...

Love the mini's! So fun. Hand cakes, I call them.
Nicely done.
AmyRuth

Katrina said...

Love the little bundts! Perfect fall cake.

Hindy said...

I love that you used a glaze. Those mini pans are a great garage sale find!

Nickki said...

Your mini bundts look so lovely! Perfect cake for Fall :-)

Peggy said...

How cute are those pans!!! Great job on your cakes. They look yummy.

spike. said...

great yard sale find!

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I have really missed you and your blog, and like all friends, sometimes I need a little reminder when I've gone missing for far too long!
Your little minis and the medium bundt all look splendid. The sticking bundt is sort of like a broken cookie because it offers the perfect reason to just dive straight in!

margot said...

What wonderful mini cakes and such an amazing deal on the pans! I love your fall decorations!

TeaLady said...

Garage sales and goodwill always have some great finds. Love the little bundts.

Liz said...

Cuuuute mini bundts! I also need a medium-sized bundt...that would keep us from eating the full-size ones around here. :)