Thank you Eliana for hosting SMS this week and for your wonderful choice of recipes! Be sure to check out Eliana's blog for the recipe.
http://www.achicabakes.com/ I have enjoyed Eliana's Blog very much. She is an excellent baker and has the best mouth drooling pictures. She also leaves the nicest comments on my posts. I have enjoyed getting to know her these past two years!
Eliana chose Coconut frosting this week. It was up to everyone to chose how they wanted to use this frosting. I decided to try these Coconutty "M&M's" Brownies.
The frosting is very close to the one I make for my German chocolate cake. It's simple to make and so good. My husband can't get enough of this frosting he is known to lick the spoon every time I make it.
Here is the recipe for the Brownies(be sure to check out Eliana's blog for the frosting recipe)!
Coconutty "M&M's" Brownies
6 squares(1 ounce each)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups "M&M's" Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, divided
Eliana's coconut frosting
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350*.
Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan;set aside.
In small saucepan combine chocolate, sugar, and butter over low hear; stir constantly until chocolate is melted, Remove from heat;let cool slightly.
In large bowl beat eggs, oil and vanilla;stir in chocolate mixture until well blended.
In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt;add to chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup m&ms baking bits. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 35 to 40 min. or until done.
Thanks again Eliana!!
http://www.achicabakes.com/ I have enjoyed Eliana's Blog very much. She is an excellent baker and has the best mouth drooling pictures. She also leaves the nicest comments on my posts. I have enjoyed getting to know her these past two years!
Here is the recipe for the Brownies(be sure to check out Eliana's blog for the frosting recipe)!
Coconutty "M&M's" Brownies
6 squares(1 ounce each)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups "M&M's" Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, divided
Eliana's coconut frosting
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350*.
Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan;set aside.
In small saucepan combine chocolate, sugar, and butter over low hear; stir constantly until chocolate is melted, Remove from heat;let cool slightly.
In large bowl beat eggs, oil and vanilla;stir in chocolate mixture until well blended.
In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt;add to chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup m&ms baking bits. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 35 to 40 min. or until done.
Thanks again Eliana!!
14 comments:
those look delicious, great choice
Oooh! That does look good! I may have to practice this one again sometime and seek out a German Chocolate Cake recipe!
Yummy! I want to make brownies right now!!
Yum! I almost did brownies. Love the idea of coconutty M&M brownies.
I did brownies too! YUM on the coconut M&Ms! I buy a bag at every turn!
Your brownies look so yummy! I just finished baking and haven't gotten to the frosting yet. Will get started once I finish commenting on everyone who has left their link so far.
Ooh sounds and looks so good! I wish I wasn't the only person who appreciates coconut in my family or else I'd have made this too. But your brownies make it seem like I could handle the entire batch of frosting myself!
Your Brownies look delicious! I love the colors with you adding the M&Ms. YUM!
These look so delicious! Love the brownies!
Michelle your brownies look great! I love the addition of the M&M's on top. After seeing all the chocolate creations with this tasty frosting I will have to give this a try!
Your brownies look so yummy Michelle! I was incredibly tempted to make brownies instead of cupcakes, but I have zero willpower around brownies so cupcakes were safer :)
I love this Michelle! I love the M&Ms on top because it gives this a wonderful spot of color!
Brownies were a good choice for this frosting. I made mine into brownie bites, but I love the pop of color that you get from the m&m's!
Awww - you're so sweet. Thanks so much for baking along with me girl. And great idea on using brownies as the base. Will have to try that next time because I can't get enough of this frosting.
Post a Comment