Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TWD Tarte Fine


We had some guest's over for dinner last night. I made this while dinner was cooking. I wasn't sure what condition my puff pastry would be in. I took it out of the freezer(not sure how long it's been chillin in there)and put it in the fridge for a few days.. It was a little sticky but I made it work!



I went for the rustic look!


I didn't have any apricot jam so I skipped the glaze. I was generous with the sugar and cinnamon on top!
 Leslie of Lethally Delicious decided on Tarte Fine on page 315.  Thank you Leslie for choosing this easy tasty Tarte!!If you would like the recipe go here....
http://lethallydelicious.blogspot.com/

Everyone loved it. I made a Tres Leches cake too and the tarte got way more compliments! I ate a slice with ice cream and it was good!

18 comments:

Cakelaw said...

It looks delicious! Isn't it funny how people often love the simple things the best.

Eliana said...

Rustic rocks! Your tart looks incredible.

chocolatechic said...

My puff pastry had been moldering in my deep freeze for quite some time.

Mine was sticky too...but it worked just fine.

Anonymous said...

Tart fine is so delicious. I will make a note in my Dorrie book.

Mary said...

I used beat-up old puff pastry too and this was still great. Yours looks yummy, and with tres leches cake--a perfect meal!
:)

Peggy said...

I bet it tasted great. I love puff pastry! Glad yours worked.

Anonymous said...

my pastry was sticky as well, but i had JUST bought it from the store. hmmm. maybe it was because i let it thaw in the fridge? anyway, glad it was a hit!

Cristine said...

I bet it was great with ice cream!

Leslie said...

I love your rustic tart! I left my puff pastry out too long one of the times I made it but it seemed to work out fine. Maybe it's not as finicky as we fear! Thanks for baking with me!

Cindy said...

Love the rustic look. This was yummy.

Katrina said...

Glad to know puff pastry that has been in the freezer a while still works well. Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Your rustic version looks great!

Shandy said...

Great apple tart! Your company knows good food =).

Judy said...

Rustic tartes look delicious! Since my kitchen was around 90 degrees, it didn't take long for the puff pastry to thaw!

Jaime said...

i went for rustic too :) enjoyed the extra cinnamon quite a bit

Jacque said...

Looks rustic and yummy!

Kayte said...

This looks great, getting ready to make this today as I am running a tad behind in baking and especially reading/commenting on my fav blogs. I am here to read, to see, and to comment (on some because if I take the time to comment on all I will never get caught up, but I will read all!!). Can't wait to make this.

Unknown said...

I'm always a big fan of the rustic look. Taste over appearance for me!