I love soup! I love fall! I love to eat soup in the fall! That sounded like a first grade learning to read!
I have never made anything Vietnamese. I'm glad I had the opportunity to try something new...
Please excuse the lack of good pictures. I seriously have been running in the evenings with three teens and all their sports. I was lucky to get this in the pot!
I love my new Dutch oven. I got it when I joined the new cooking group. Dorie uses one a lot in the new cookbook. I'm glad I got one, I have used it a ton!
Everyone seemed to like the soup. My son loved the Chinese noodles. Steven seemed to enjoy it until he bit into one of those little red chilies(oops I forgot to take them out). I thought the soup was pretty good..that fish sauce stuff is not my fav.I used everything Dorie mentioned except I changed a few spices. Get this..I didn't have any cheese cloth( I need to find some) So I was thinking what to use, what to use? I used some gauze they use in the Dental offices from my daughters wisdom teeth extractions!!
Thank you to the Dories crew for making this group possible. I'm expanding my cooking horizons and enjoying very minute of it!

17 comments:
good for rainy season especially here in the Philippines, perfect timing. I would love to do this!thanks=)
happy health pad
This was a very new cooking experience for me too and we loved it. Your dutch oven is definitely going to get a lot of use on Fridays!
Looks yummy. My family really enjoyed this one as well!
I had to laugh at your comment about your photos...I think we all feel like that at times!! It's a very bland looking soup, so hard to get a wow photo...I took a LOT to get one I liked! Thanks for visiting my blog and saying hello :)
Glad you guys loved it. It was so easy, too! :)
Glad you liked it! I sat this one out but look forward to trying it in the future!
It's really hard to get a good picture of something white. But I bet your soup was great. Mine turned out okay. Check my blog to see what I used for cheesecloth.LOL.
Your soup looks hearty, tasty, fresh and delicious! i like your wok too :)
*Buttercreambarbie
We liked this a lot, and it sounds like your family did too. The fish sauce is definitely a strong flavor!
I love that dutch oven! Taking photos of white stuff is never easy, especially at night! Your soup looks delicious. :)
Love the name flourchild!!
Cute!!
Dutch oven, hah, i want one too now!!
Can see the family must have loved the deliciousness!
We loved the soup too!
I love soup too! And I have a new Dutch oven too! (Actually not new, the Beau bought it for me a while ago but this is the first time I used it!)
You're amazing to have done this while still running around with all of your teens! I'm glad everyone enjoyed your soup!
The soup was really tasty considering I'm not a fan of coconut milk! Not a colorful soup, but tasty! Good thing you had some gauze handy!
hmmm I did not even notice this pick. would have liked to have tried it - will have to do so later :) glad you tried something different that was enjoyed by the family!
i too am a fan of the dutch oven! and dorie of course. thx for stopping by at eat in the middle...
I am glad you are enjoying your new Dutch oven! My Dutch oven has become my kitchen go-to friend. What a great sub for not having cheeseclothe. I am surprised your local grocery store does not carry it in the baking supply aisle. If they do not, you should mention it to the store manager because cheeseclothe is a staple item.
Your soup turned out great! I can only imagine your hubby's surprise biting into a pepper =).
this soup has gotten such rave reviews that I HAVE to make it when I find all the ingredients.
Love the dutch oven full of soup. Perfect.
I found the cheesecloth at W-M in the sewing section.
Nothing beats a good bowl of soup int he Fall. This one sounds like it won't disappoint.
Post a Comment