Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

French Fridays Hachis Parmentier

Hachis Parmentier you are now my new BFF! I was so pleased with this recipe!

Welcome to another Dorie  Greenspan's French Fridays. This is our fourth recipe in our cooking group! So far this is my very favorite! 

Be sure to check out Dorie's blog. She is such a sweet lady and a talented cook!
http://www.doriegreenspan.com/

Before the oven...
 After...Dorie mentioned she loved the golden top..I can see why!

 I had my parent's over for dinner....

Everything tasted so yummy. I loved the sausage paired with the beef(steak) it was the best flavor ever!

 Have you made your own beef broth from scratch? This was the first time for me. I could not bring my self to discard the vegetables, so I left them in. I loved the broth! Did your house smell delicious? My family kept asking me... when is dinner ready because that smell is so good!!
 For dessert we had Dories All-American pie. I have to say I was so full after this meal I felt like my tummy may pop!
I'm bummed I didn't get any of the family eating. I was so focused on the food!  Everyone absolutely loved this meal. My parents, husband and kids LOVED the Hachis Parmentier. I did too! This will definitely be a family favorite!

14 comments:

Cristine said...

It really did make the house smell good! This meal was awesome!!! Your dinner looks fantastic!

Eliana said...

Next time you make a meal like this can I come over? It looks and sounds super delicious girl.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Glad this turned out so well! :) Love the rustic bread you have there too!

spike. said...

I'm not a Shepard's pie fan so I skipped it- but your meal sounds amazing and appreciated by the whole family!

Unknown said...

THis just looks so super, I dig the topping

Hindy said...

Lovely meal! I'd also make this one again. (I'm making my third all-American apple pie tomorrow.)

PattiCake said...

Nice job! I think I'll try and leave the veggies in next time too. The broth did smell delicious when simmering. I have some left, need to find a use for it, or try freezing.

Debbie said...

This was so good wasn't it. It took forever to make but was worth it. Yours looks great!

Jencrafted said...

I agree. By far, the best dish in this month's lineup. Thanks for reminding me the wonderful aroma that fills the whole kitchen when the beef broth's slowly simmering. A new Yankee candle scent, what d'ya think?!

Anonymous said...

Love all your accompaniments!

The Food Librarian said...

This looks really tasty. I didn't get to make this, but I hope to real soon. That golden top looks so delicious!

Nicole Pearce said...

Looks like you were eating outside. I'm so jealous. Look at that beautiful light. Glad you enjoyed your dinner.

Debbie said...

Hey Michelle,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. The kids on the scooter looking things on my blog were me and my little sister. Picture was taken about 1956. Oh, and those were pedal cars.

Cakelaw said...

Looks like you had a lovely outdoor meal 0- I can see the sun peeking out of your photos. I agree that this was just a wonderful dish.