Thank you Sabrina of Superfluous for this weeks TWD selection. I have never made a upside down cake before. I decided to change the recipe some and use cherries in place of the cranberries. Steven loves cherries and I know he is happy to have a cherry dessert hanging around!
This recipe was very easy to make. I loved covering the fruit up with the satiny smooth cake batter. The cherry juice made the cake moist and delicious. I will definitely make this one again!
This cake is perfect warm with vanilla ice cream. It's wonderful and my entire family loved it!
The cake baked over the edges of my pan but it came out nicely.
This is the perfect time of year to bake. I love the fall season in Idaho. From my kitchen window I can see all the bursting colors of oranges and yellows from the changing trees. It's a beautiful time of year! The weather is cooler and it feels right to crank on the oven!!This recipe was very easy to make. I loved covering the fruit up with the satiny smooth cake batter. The cherry juice made the cake moist and delicious. I will definitely make this one again!
This cake is perfect warm with vanilla ice cream. It's wonderful and my entire family loved it!
29 comments:
Warm cherry cake with icecream - swoons ... This looks fab Michelle. I'd make it again too.
I loved that you used cherries! I almost had to because I couldn't find cranberries! Nice job! It looks amazing!
Beautiful with the cherries.
Cherry anything is my favourite. Your cake looks wonderful!
We are vacationing in the Northwest right now so it is easy for me to picture you "nestled in the mountains of Idaho." I'm guessing it's beautiful where you are at. Can imagine turning on the stove for this lovely cherry cake. Looks delicious and frankly, sounds better than cranberry to me.
Cherries sound delish.
WHOA - this cake looks amazing. I'm craving a slice of it like right now! Love that you used cherries.
Me neither - I was an upside down cake virgin until now :) I did a White Peach version.
That looks good. Your cherries look like they kept your cake really moist. I'm not serving this for Thanksgiving Day, but just during the weekend sometime over the holiday. I have to have my traditional pumpkin pie on T'giving!
LOVE Oregon cherries, but I think you had a more colorful can than I did! :) Great looking cake!
After seeing your cake I wish I had used cherries! It looks delicious. :)
Beautiful job on the upside down cake! The cherries look delicious. I, too, was thinking Fall when I made mine as we are having some really pleasant weather now. Fall is my time of the year and all the food that goes along with it.
i'm so jealous of your bursting with colors autumn. we don't have that here :( at least i can bake like its fall ;)
beautiful substitution!
Who wouldn't want a piece of this?! I love how you made it with cherries (and how bright and colorful they look even after baking).
Your cake looks gorgeous! I love cherries :-)
Oh, wow, cherries! Does that look good! Another version for me to try!
It looks absolutely delicious. Cherries is a great sub.
I hated not having time to make it but I plan to make it, because it is just too delicious, to miss.
Yeah, yum to the cherries, what a good idea.
This cake is so versatile, and here I though only pineapple could be used in an upside down cake!
Cherries are some of my favorite fruits. I'll definitely keep this in mind for cherry season -- it looks so delicious!
This was good wasn't it. I like the idea of cherries. And with ice cream.... yum!!
LOVE the cherries! What a wonderful idea PLUS you still get the gorgeous red coloring. I was impressed with the cake batter too. Easy to put together and the flavor was delicious. Love your photos! Hugs, Shandy
How wonderful it must have been with cherries !!Ciao !
What an original upside down cake! Delicious looking.
Cheers,
Rosa
i bought some cherries to make w/this, too...but in the end i decided to go w/the blueberries :) looks delicious w/the cherries!
I didn't get to make this but I'm simply drooling over that last photo. What a great cake!
I've never had a cherry upside-down cake before, but this sounds fabulous. And it looks nothing like my 'bacon cake'! I'll have to try it next summer when I can get nice cherries. Sadly, that's a long way away!
Great idea to make it with cherries. I adore cherries, and your cake looks so pretty. I can't wait to try this recipe!
I saw your cherries again and even though, I commented, I must say, it looks as good the second time around.
Oh, cherries, I never thought about those, we would LOVE it with cherries! Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment