Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chicken and Cheese Crescent Chimichangas

I found this recipe in a Phillsbury cookbook. My kids really enjoyed these. It was a easy quick dinner and very tasty!

INGREDIENTS

3tablespoons vegetable oil


1/2cup chopped onion (1 medium)

2cloves garlic, minced

2 1/2cups shredded cooked chicken

2cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1/2cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa

2cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)Sour cream

Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa



How to make it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease large cookie sheet with shortening.

In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Reduce heat to low.

Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.

Separate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the salsa on each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.

Stir 1 cup of the cheese into chicken mixture.

Spoon heaping 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto half of each rectangle. Starting with short side topped with chicken, roll up; pinch ends to seal. Place seam side down on cookie sheet.

Bake 16 to 21 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of the remaining cheese.

Return to oven; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa

6 comments:

Eliana said...

Awesome dinner idea. I will keep this one on tap since I always have crescent rolls in the fridge. They are soo good.

Megan said...

Mmmmmm - those look delicious! And since we love Mexican-style food around here, I think I'll have to pick up some crescent rolls just to try them out.

Cristine said...

Looks yummy!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

YUM-O!

Val said...

Yes, please!!!!!!! lol

Shandy said...

I love how easy your dinner was to put together and what great filler ingredients! I can see why dinner was such a hit.