Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

SMS Sweet Pear and Zucchini Muffins


Andrea of http://nummykitchen.blogspot.com/ chose this weeks Sweet Melissa Sunday recipe.
Andrea is a great baker and always has something good to look at! Be sure to check her blog out! She is famous for all of her awesome kitchen gadgets!!
I made these muffins about a year ago. I made the Caramelized Onion and Cheddar Cheese version. I decided to go with a sweeter version this time.

I cut the recipe in half and still got 12 muffins. I added sour cream in place of the milk. I used the pears and added a 1/2 cup of shredded zucchini.

I Sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar on top for the finishing touch!  I thought these muffins were lighter in texture then the first time I made them. They are delicious warm with a cup of coffee!

13 comments:

Nikki said...

they look delicious!
~nikki
www.makeandtakeblog.com

Stephanie said...

this was such a great, creative idea! i love your spin on this week's treat. Wish I had time to bake along this week - if I had, i probably would have copied your version!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would like one of your muffins for breakfast. The look yummy. Greetings from Colorado. Kirsten

rebecca @ beurrista said...

They sound wonderful!

Shandy said...

You rock! Love your muffin combination. Love your coffee and muffin photos too. Sounds perfect for an easy, relaxing Fall morning.

You know, you are such a wonderful friend! What a great way to wake up this morning and read such a warm note. I can tell you are enjoying the thought of Fall approaching because your baking has kicked into overdrive lately. I have been noticing and appreciating all those delicious recipes! I am already hoarding cookie recipes for Christmas time. A HUG Sunday morning hug to you, Shandy

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

They make for a special muffin. I love what you did with them. I have to try this too.

Muffins are fun.

Mrs. G said...

I live your variation! I can't get enough zucchini these days.

Julie said...

These look so good. Love your combinations. I bet zucchini is awesome in this recipe!!

Eliana said...

Your variation of these is just perfect :)

Shandy said...

I'll open a bakery when you decide how wonderful the bakery would be if we did it together. The commute to our bakery shop might be a little rough though (laughing). I would also have to have a sign out front stating "Complaints can be dangerous for your health". Maybe it is safer if I just keep baking in my kitchen =). I have yet to bake Dorie's upside down dessert. How about you?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I love muffins and these look so good! But then, you always have good things when I come to visit with you! :)

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Your sweet take on these sounds fabulous. I think I might have enjoyed a sweet muffin more than the savory. The cinnamon sugar on top is the perfect touch. I thought the sour cream worked out great!

Tessa said...

I added plain yogurt in place of your sour cream and it seemed to help keep the muffins more moist as well. I love the spin on them to make them more of a sweet muffin as I think I definitely lean towards the sweet camp side of the muffin debate =)