Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TWD Cookies and Cream Shortbread cookies

Delicious!!
Thank you Donna for choosing my favorite thing...cookies! I was so excited to make these. I'm not a big fan of espresso unless it's extra hot and in a mug. I left out the coffee and added one of my favorite candy bars, Hershey's Cookies and Cream. Bitter sweet chocolate is not my fav.




I cut the recipe in half. It made three perfect little logs..

These cookies were so easy to make. I love them..they taste so good and melt right in your mouth!


Today is the last day of Aug.  School starts in two days for us. My daughter is going to be a senior this year and my son is starting middle school. I feel sad saying goodbye to summer because I know life will never be the same. My babies are not babies anymore and they are growing up much to quickly. I am so proud of my three kids and the choices they have made this far. They really are good kids with big hearts. So blah blah blah..right!! Back to the cookies!  If your looking for a great shortbread cookie recipe be sure to check out..... 
http://lifes2shortnot2eat.blogspot.com/ 

28 comments:

Sabrina said...

Cookies and cream were a great idea! Your cookies look great and I love the bird dish you have them in.

natalia said...

Ciao !! I wish I could try all American candy bars (How many there are ?) I'm sure your cookies were great a little help for melancholic mums !!! Baci

Kayte said...

Great looking cookies, they were a big hit here with the guys as well. Matt is a senior this year as well and I am already thinking "this is the last August he will be living here, this will be the last September...." on and on...it is sad, but happy for him that he will be going to college, etc. and he is excited about that. I am going to enjoy every moment of this senior year of his. Have you gotten the senior photos done yet...OMW that brings the tears when you put them beside the baby photos! YIKES. Happy Senior year to your daughter!

Valerie Gamine said...

Great idea to add Hershey's Cookies & Cream (yum!)
I hope these delightful cookies helped you through the process of letting go. Summer does go by far too fast.

Beth said...

Great idea! I grew up spending my allowance on Hershey's Cookies and Cream bar. SOOOOOO good. I haven't seen it in stores, though, so I thought they stopped making it!

chocolatechic said...

To me, the logs make so much more sense.

Yours look fabulous

Nichicakes said...

Yours look so pretty! Great Idea with the candy bar.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Cookies and cream - YUM!! :)

Cindy said...

I like your idea, I'm sure they were great. Kids grow too fast so enjoy every minute of them. A few years ago I was doing the back to school thing--now I have 10 grandchildren. Enjoy!

Maria said...

Great idea to add in the cookies n cream!

Mary said...

I have to try this cookies n cream bar soon. My kids are four and five and I am excited/nostaglic for school too.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE hersheys cookies and cream bars!! i'm so glad it worked out for you. not i HAVE to try this!!

great variation!!

Katrina said...

Ooh--Cookies N Cream! Your cookies look perfect.

Pamela said...

Good kids are a great reason to blah...blah...blah!! Nice cookies.

Shandy said...

Very cute shortbread cookies Michelle. I think using the cookies and cream bar is a perfect choice. An addition to the shortbread cookie I would have liked a lot! Great pictures too.

Our children do grow up right in front of us and sometimes we want to make time stand still just long enough to extend a warm hug and tell them how much we love them.

BTW, I have been freezing baked goodies right and left. I just felt I wanted to bake and did. Now I am exhausted and want to take a break =).

Judy said...

Your variation is a great idea, and, I have to say, they look so delicious! Didn't August just fly by?

Leslie said...

What a sweet post, Michelle! I can only imagine how sad it is to have your kids grow up and move closer to being adults. But a cookie makes most everything better, and you made some lovely ones to help you through this time of transition!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I just love your ability to be creative and have the results turn out so well. Your cookies look and sound delicious! It is always such fun coming by to visit with you and your delightful blog!

Life is too short . . . said...

Michelle, I love the shaping of the dough into logs. It makes for a great portion control. I have no control - hence my constant baking of the entire recipe as opposed to a half-size. It is only me so I really need to do that - instead - I just hunt for some poor unsuspecting soul to eat the balance - you would be surprised how many people are diabetic or dieting! Thanks for baking with me this week.

Heather said...

They look delicious! I'm going to have to try the candybar!

stacey said...

Good idea! I love your little logs, and of course cookies and cream is always good. :)

Jules Someone said...

Yum! Love the idea of the roll.

Eliana said...

Ah yes - cookies - my favorite too! My hubs and I are total cookie monsters and if we had these in front of me, we would devour them.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

These look so delicious! I've already made my muffins for tonights home group, but I'll have to try this the next time we host it! I like the substitution as I'm not a coffee fan one bit. Thanks for posting this!

My oldest is a Senior this year... a sad/happy thing. He was so excited to bring home info about Senior rings, and I was a bit proud that he is making realistic choices. My heart is telling time to stop, but I know God has great plans for him.

Anonymous said...

Your version with the cookies and cream candy bar sounds great!

Cakelaw said...

Love, love, love your cookies and cream shortbread. I was not so wild about the coffee flavour, so this seems a good alternative.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Great idea to add the candy bar.

Lynne Daley said...

Great idea using the cookies and cream candy bar! My girls grew up before I knew it, now they are married with children of their own which thrills me!