Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sweet Melissa Sunday Cherry Almond Granola

When I saw that granola was one of the recipes for Aug. I was thrilled. I love breakfast food of any kind. Granola is right up there with pancakes and oatmeal for me, I can eat it anytime of the day. I know friends who like to use it as a topping on yogurt or ice cream. I like mine in a bowl with ice cold milk!


I tweaked the recipe some. I left the currants and raisins out. I added the dry cherries Melissa suggested.




Thank you  Wendy of Pinkstripes for hosting his week and for a great selection of recipes. For the recipe look here...
http://pinkstripes.wordpress.com/

Next week it's Sweet Almond cake and then I'm hosting the sweet Plum Clafoutis...we seem to be having an almond theme this month!


Oops sorry I just noticed I put TWD on the picture instead of SMS!:)

9 comments:

Shandy said...

You are so cute! Belonging to both groups gets confusing when we make the recipes ahead of time and what a great looking granola recipe you put together. Love your pictures of granola, especially the one with milk. I did a double batch, became overwhelmed with all the granola I had on hand and started baking up a storm. I think granola with milk is "still" my favorite! Hugs to a wonderful friend who has been there, sharing what we love, good food and wonderful friendships . . . that friend is you. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and relaxing today. =)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have confused TWD and SMS also. Very easy to do.

Grand Granola. Great Granola.

Julie said...

Everyone seems to have loved this granola. I am sorry I didn't make it. I see a rewind coming. Looks so yummy with the milk.

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Your granola looks yummy Michelle! I didn't bake this week, but am tempted after seeing everyone's results. I love granola on top of yogurt for breakfast. I'll have to try it straight up with milk! :)

Just me said...

Yum! I had some with milk for breaky this morning too- it was great!

Beth said...

Looks delicious! Homemade granola is the best.

Unknown said...

You're too funny - I'm always scrambling on the weekend trying to make both the SMS and the TWD recipes for the week so I know where you're coming from :) Glad the granola was such a big hit for you. I don't eat much granola, but I really like making it and giving it away to others!

Katrina said...

I LOOOOVVVEEE granola and can eat it anytime of the day as well. Lately I've been having it for breakfast on some vanilla or plain yogurt.
Yours looks de-lish. I need to go check out the SMS recipe.

Eliana said...

Your granola looks perfect :)