Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Homemade Snicker Bars

I had to share these scrumptious snicker bars with you.  I made these about a year ago for my daughters birthday treat. She has been begging me to make them for awhile now. The reason I have not is because there very bad for you..but they are the best tasting bars around. There is no baking required so don't worry about heating the house up!



Homemade Snicker Bars

Step one:

1 cup milk chocolate chips


1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup butterscotch chips

Step two:

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup evaporated milk

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts

1 cup white sugar

1 1/2 cup marshmallow cream

1 tsp vanilla

Step three: caramel Layer

14 oz. caramels(usually around 30 pre-wrapped caramels)

1/4 cup whipping cream

How to make it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layer 13x9 dish with foil.Butter foil.

Step One: Combine first three ingredients in step one in saucepan.

Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.

Pour into dish.

Chill until set

Step two:

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.

Add sugar and evaporated milk.

Bring to a gentle boil

Reduce heat to medium-low boiling and stirring for 5 minutes

Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow cream, peanut butter and vanilla.

Add peanuts.

Spread over chocolate layer and chill until set

Step Three:

Combine caramels and whipping cream in saucepan and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.

Cook and stir for 4 minutes more

Spread over filling and chill until set

Step Four:Repeat step one.

Chill at least 4 hours and remove from fridge 20 minutes before cutting

14 comments:

Cristine said...

Those look so delicious! I am definately bookmarking this one!

Cakelaw said...

I love Snickers bars - this is an irresistable treat!!!

Eliana said...

No heating up of the house...I'm SOLD

Unknown said...

Im impressed! cool

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I'd be begging you to make those again too! I like Snickers a lot, and the homemade version can only be better!

Tessa said...

These do sound sinful, but a little treat is justified every once and awhile, right? Thanks for the idea!

CookiePie said...

Oooooh - homemade Snickers?? YUM!!!

Jaime said...

oh wow. i might have to make these!!!

sorry to hear about the accident but glad she is ok

Megan said...

Oh I really wish I hadn't seen those.

Self control is at an all time low right now.....

Megan said...

BTW - I sent you a friend request on Facebook.

Katrina said...

Wow, those look and sound de-lish! And they would be dangerous for me to have around here. I'd keep cutting off little pieces here and there.

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe. I'm your newest follower.

One Pair Two Pear said...

they look intense!! good but intense! - krsta