It's another wonderful day to bake with my fun Sweet Melissa Sunday baking group!
Today it is my turn to host the recipe! I new Aug.29 would be a busy time for most of us with going back to school and wrapping up the summer. I wanted to pick something super easy but tasty. I have made one other Clafoutis and I loved it.
This recipe did not disappoint! It was so easy to throw together and tasted good!
Here is the recipe. I did change a few things. Instead of the plums I used pears. In place of the orange zest I used lemon zest.
Recipe from The Sweet Melissa Baking Book by Melissa Murphy
Sweet Plum Clafoutis With Almonds
For the Claoutis
6 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp freshly grated orange zest(I used lemon zest)
1/2 tsp almond extract(don't leave this out)
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup whole milk
3 tbsp sliced blanched almonds
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
For the Plums(or fruit of your choice, I used pears)
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
10 small Italian plus(or fresh prunes) or 5 medium plums, sliced into eights
Before you Start:
Position a rack in the center of your oven.Preheat the oven to 350*F.
To make the batter:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, zest, almond extract, heavy cream and milk until smooth.
To make the Plums:
In a 10 inch cast iron skillet set over med. heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon cook until just bubbly. Stir in the plums and saute' until tender, but not yet losing their skins, stirring gently all the while. remove from the heat.
To Complete the Clafoutis
When the plums have stopped bubbling, gently stir in the batter. Sprinkle the almonds around the outside edge of the pan. Bake for 30 min. or until pouffed and golden. Sprinkle the edges with contectioners' sugar.
The clafoutis is best eaten the day it is made. Serve warm cut into wedges and topped with a dollop of sweetened creme fraiche or sour cream.
If you do not have a cast iron skillet cook the plums in a saute or frying pan, transfer the cooked fruit to any lightly buttered ovenproof baking dish, pour the batter over, and finish in the oven.
16 comments:
Yours looks amazing! I just had a moment where I thought "oh...thats what it should look like." Thanks for hosting!
This looks awesome Michelle! Pears and raspberries are Grumpy's favorite fruit. I will have to give this one a try!
Oh man! You are my new best friend for choosing this one! Blogging mine now :-)
OK I baked the Cherry Clafoutis tart instead of this one. Yours looks amazing. Thanks for hosting.
Thanks for hosting this week! Great recipe. I love your version with the pears - looks fantastic!
Pears are a wonderful idea. It looks great and is a fantastic pick. Thanks for hosting, Michele.
Looks delicious!
This looks so good -- I'm tempted to try it with some peaches I have on hand.
Great job Michelle! Love your alterations to the recipe. Pears and lemon are wonderful together. Thank you for hosting this week =).
This looks so delicious, the texture looks great, and if we didn't live so far apart, I would be on your doorstep asking for a sample! I might have to try this for our Wednesday Home Group this week! Thank you for sharing this. I can always find inspiration from you.
Michelle, I'm sorry I haven't made your pick yet but I do plan to (though probably with peaches). Yours looks delicious...what a great idea to use pears!
I love the recipes you feature and this one is no exception. I'll be posting a pear flognard later in the week. I hope you'll stop by and take a peak. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary
Michelle - great pick this week. Love that you made it with pears, yum! Sorry I am late but mine is up now.
Michelle, your clafoutis look wonderful! I love the idea of using pears. I opted to skip baking this week because I'm not huge fan of breakfast type items...but everyone's dishes looks so tasty! Makes me want to give it a shot.
I was traveling and couldn't bake along with you but will definitely be making this one soon as it looks super delish. Love that it's so easy to make as well.
Your clafouti turned out perfect. I got scared after reading about the others' failures and chickened out. Sorry!
Post a Comment