Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

WOW 100 followers and Praline Apple Bread!

How exciting to have 100 followers! To celebrate I made this wonderful Praline Apple bread....



I enjoy each and everyone of your comments and look FWD to checking out your blogs too. I wish I had more time to really explore your blogs.It's fun to try new recipes and see all the wonderful picture's! If I could I would share a cup of tea and a slice of this bread with you all!

Praline Apple Bread

Bread Makes 1 loaf Prep: 20 min. Bake:1 hr. Cool: 1 hr 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
1 (8oz.) container sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples(about 3/4 pound)
1/2 cup butter
 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 min. or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 min.
 2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
 3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9-x5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
 4. Bake at 350* for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
 5. Bring butter and brown sugar to boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely(about 1 hour) Note: To freeze, cool bread completely; wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely bread

Eliana said...

What a great way to celebrate. This looks awesome :)

Tessa said...

This looks like a wonderful way to celebrate. The slices of this bread sound divine!

Shelby said...

Congrats Michelle :)

The bread looks delicious, I'd love to sit down to some tea with you and enjoy!

Julie said...

Congratulations on 100 followers!! The bread looks delicious.

Cristine said...

Congrats on 100! I love your blog! This bread looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.